REPLY

Monday, July 30, 2018

Taylor Swift Live At Gillette Stadium!

It's been a week since I've blogged, or written anything on here, but I have good reason as to why I haven't. It's been one crazy summer for sure with the kids, and in all honesty just want to spend simple, quality time with them before summer disappears. Especially with Lexie heading off to college soon! So this free time from the internet is for me, and my family and if you'd like to hang around in my corner of the internet, and check back every once in a while to see if  I've written anything you are more than welcome to.stay. I am truly grateful for those of you who continue to stick around and read this little blog! 

Aside from all the simple things we do as a family while Jon is at work such as going to the park, eating ice cream, going to the splash pad, eating at Shake Shack (which we ate before the concert), and venturing out to the city, I had to document my amazing weekend with my youngest daughter Chelsea.  
This past Saturday we saw Taylor Swift live in concert in Foxborough, and it was better than the Taylor swift experience in NYC. Having girls camp  the same week Taylor performed in our neck of the woods prevented her from seeing her in Philly, Jersey, or even in New York. So when I saw that she was performing in Massachusetts I didn't care about the four hour drive, and quickly went online to get tickets, and nailed some pretty good seats. We had such a blast! 
Chelsea has adored Taylor since she was eight, but never asked me to take her to any of her concerts. I personally wasn't a huge Taylor fan at that time so going to any of her concerts back then wasn't a priority.

However, the song "Love story" was, and will always be one of my favorite songs, and I remember Chelsea and I always dancing to it when it played on the radio. We had just moved to Jersey, and barely got a facebook and remember posting a comment saying, "listening to Taylor Swift's love story, and dancing my heart out with baby girl." Those were the days when life wasn't as hectic, or busy, and although I wish I would have taken her to see Taylor at an earlier age it's okay. She's 13 now, and not afraid to ask if we can go to a concert. She knows the worse I can say is "no" in which i totally wouldn't since it's Taylor Swift!

Now that five years have passed I have become quite a fan of Taylor,  and you better believe I'll be taking Chelsea to see her every time she puts out a new album, and tours. 
It didn't rain, and the crowd was amazing. The dynamic of this concert compared to others I've been was amazing. It was such a fun evening, and the four hour drive to Gillette stadium was worth it just to see Taylor perform. She is an amazing performer, and really appreciate her as a musician. She is someone who writes with her heart, and uses it for good. Her words are true to her heart, and ones that speak from her soul. I hope that she will continue to inspire all generations with her music, and continues to carry that authenticity to the point where she can always share her feelings through her words. 

1 comment: