REPLY

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

library, park, and a waffle cone kind of day.

This morning I woke up, did my routine as every mom does...get the kids ready for school, making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (because the food at the school is pretty gross), hurrying Chelsea because she is the last one to leave, and I swear she will sleep in until the last minute, and hustle to get ready. I am still in my pj's while doing this, and luckily the school bus moved closer to my house because on rushed days like this it's nice to stand outside your door to watch her as she runs lallygags down the bus stop with other neighbors kids...and i don't worry.

The weather lately has been too gorgeous to pass up by staying indoors to watch cartoons, do crafts, laundry, or other things us homemaking moms do because with this boy my motivation is in full swing, and time standing still for him is limited.

Today we went to the library, and actually sat  inside for once. We normally pace around, choose which books we want, check them out, and leave. I really, really like this idea because it alliviates the stress of paying any accumulating late fees. No matter how many times I'll tell Noah to put the library books away in a place where we can easily find them to return, we always seem to find them after the date is due! I think trips to the library and hanging out there to sit, and read his favorite books to him is more beneficial than taking them home. Well...sometimes. I mean we do have a stash of books of our own at home. I really think that I'm going to invest in buying the story that he chose for me to read to him. 
After carefully choosing the book of the hour we sat down I read him this story which is now one of his favorites. I think the fact that it had boats, and central park combined in it has inspired him to build one and take it to central park to put it in the water. I'm sure that can be done.
After reading an x amount of stories to him we left the library, and sure enough I thought this kid was going to fall asleep in the car, and actually take a nap, but to no avail. 

As soon as he recognized the street I was driving on he knew exactly where we were headed towards. All of a sudden I hear his voice saying, "Park! I want to go to the park mom." 

It was such a beautiful day, and loved looking at the colorful leaves on this tree underneath the blue skies. 
Ah, fall! 
I love this time of year, and being alone with Noah again...just me and him without papa seemed like old times. Don't get me wrong, I love it when Jon hangs around, but sometimes you just need that mother and son alone time you know. Especially since I've been used to it since Noah was born! I'm just so grateful that Jon has a job!! Yay! Keeps us young you know! 

This indian summer sure is lasting a while and because of the strenuous playground time we had we stopped by Wendy's to get ourselves a waffle frosty cone. If you haven't had one yet you need to try these. They are delicious!! 
^^my messy little eater...he's such a BOY ^^

Noah, 

Times spent with you are the best, and I count my blessings everyday that I had you. You are the sweetest little boy, and I love you. I didn't have days like this with my mother, and because of that I know this is why i hold on to you, and treasure the things I do with you like there is no tomorrow.  This day is going down in history as one of the best days of my life. 

xo-mom


Can't wait until next week when the temps will be in the 60's! That will be a perfect week to go to the pumpkin patch, and go apple picking! 

Bring on the fall traditions! 


2 comments:

  1. sounds like a great day.
    just when you think you've tuckered them out enough for a long nap.. they still have more energy.

    ReplyDelete