REPLY

Thursday, April 12, 2018

An 80's Theme Promposal!

"Promposals" didn't exist back in my high school days, and if they did my prom date in my senior year sure as heck didn't do anything like this, and had he done even something close to this man, oh man maybe we would have ended the night on good terms, but that's a whole other post! 

Promposals seem to be very common these days, and I think it's so great that guys in this generation put in a lot of thought and effort (with a little help from some girl friends) including a theme in asking a girl to prom, or homecoming for that matter. 

And how cute is this poster board! 
And how cute are these two! 

Owen totally surprised Lexie by luring her to the park with a friend who's behind the camera in this video. 

Now I want to write about Owen for a minute... 

He's super sweet, generous, and caring. I've only known him since we moved here last here, but he truly has been there for Lexie in friendship. He's as geeky as they come, and I say that in good way, because Lexie is also geeky. They have way too much in common. They are drama geeks, and are both hardcore Lord of the rings, and Star Wars fans. 

Oh, and they love the 80's. 

Do y'all remember the 80's? 

I certainly do, and I'm so glad I exposed my kids back to that time. I loved every single moment of that era. From John Hughes movies, to one hit wonders like the song Cars from Gary Numan. Devo, The Police, Men At Work, Tears For Fears. I can go on, and on and be like those infomercials they air late at night where they sell music from different era's. John Cusack was my dream boy, and how about them video games like pac-man, Centipede, Galaga (my favorite), and space invaders. Owen sure knows my daughter, and he did an amazing job in putting together this promposal filled with strips of movies, and artists from the 80's. 

I love their friendship, and I know they're going to "rock the casbah" in what will be their final high school prom next month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment