REPLY

Sunday, February 19, 2012

The diagnosis, a fundraiser, & a humble heart

"Sometimes we want to have growth without challenges, and to develop strength without any struggle, but growth cannot come by taking the easy way. We must be careful that we don't resent the very things that help us put on the divine nature. Not one of the trials & tribulations we face is beyond our limits, because we have access to help from the Lord.
 We can do all things throughout Christ who strengthens us."
~Elder Paul V. Johnson (general conference April 2011)
My lovely Sierra covered in tulle that was used to decorate the floor entrance of the cultural hall at the fundraiser. 
I have to be one of the most grateful women in the world today. Although we have had a long week of endless questions concerning our broken down vehicle...we found out late in the afternoon yesterday what the deal is with our car. I also feel rejuvenated by attending my meetings at church and I give thanks to the Lord for all my blessings!

The diagnosis... 

The engine is kaput which means we need to replace it. Funny how it didn't stress me out at all. Sure I was bit sad, but I always manage to look on the bright side of things...we are all healthy, strong, and have some great friends who are willing to help us out until we decide what to do with the car. I also manage to observe 'life', and see that other people have much greater problems than we do.

We have two families in our ward who are in need of prayers. We have an 11 year old young girl who is having brain surgery this Tuesday, and a sister in her 60's (she looks more like 50) who has multiple sclerosis who just started having seizures. These two wonderful people are going through something much more harder than the 'Jorgensen's' having a broken down car.

Having such need in our ward helps me to focus less on myself, and that makes me so happy...it truly does.  Although I may not be able to visit the sick, or bring a meal to someone I thank God in having the ability to serve others through a phone call, Facebook, email, and sending a handwritten note.

Attending my girls YW fundraiser last night made my whole week. We brought things to auction for the fundraiser, and it feels so good doing things for a good cause. It turned out really well, and it was so nice to have focused on other things besides our car. The only reminder of it was when someone would come up to us, and ask endless questions about what our solution will be in fixing it.

Well friends...we have no answer set in stone, but listening to Brother Ward's talk today helped me focus on the correct way in looking for answers, and to have even more patience in waiting to listen for an answer from Heavenly Father. So we are in no rush in fixing the car. We are going to wait a while, pray our heart out, and look at our cash flow first, call places in town, and out of state for a motor, and also look into junk yards. It won't be an easy task, but with faith and patience we will know the right answer when the time is right. We are definitely going to lead by the spirit, and to be spiritually guided, and prepared.


I have been humbled through our past struggles not only with cars, but with the struggles that some of us face in the world today. Some of us may struggle with our testimony, faith, and other things. We have been down that road too many times, and I know this won't be the last. I have seen the difference in my spirituality today compared to ten years ago, and I know that those trials in the past have helped me grow spiritually.

I never complain anymore about the struggles we face, because without them...we will never grow spiritually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment