REPLY

Friday, February 3, 2012

68 years young

my beautiful mother at 20 years of age
While we are still under the weather I couldn't let this day go by without letting the whole world know that today my mother celebrates her 68th birthday! She is 68 years young, and I want to let her know that I'm thinking of her. 

Dear Mom,

I know you are old school, don't care less for the internet, and probably won't read this today, but in case you are with Lynn this weekend,  please know that I am thinking of you, and wish you the best for a great year. We have both been through so much in our 'young years', and are survivors of things only few of us in the world can imagine. I believe that is why I am strong, and sometimes stubborn like you. I love you, and want you to know that I understand why you decided to live your life in Corpus Christi instead of New Jersey. Continue to cherish those wonderful memories that you spent with Joe on the beach, and every landmark in Texas y'all discovered. Eat at Whataburger for me. Have a wonderful life, and we look forward to seeing you again soon! 

P.S. Remember... next time you come and visit we need to go to New York City again so we can ride the subway! I know you missed out on that! 
In front of The Waldorf Astoria in NYC-2011
Happy Birthday Mom!!
Love, Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment