REPLY

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sharing a love, a great movie, & a pass along card

This past week was filled with sinus pressure, sickness, puke, and lots and lots of zzzzzzz's. I don't think our beds have ever been slept in so much. My husband called into work sick for the first time in eight years, and my oldest in high school missed school for the first time all year! I couldn't believe it. They were fine the day Noah got sick, and somehow those germs were passed on to them the next day! The only child that has been immune to this whole germ infestation has been Chelsea. Yesterday I was able to take her to her piano lesson to meet her new teacher, rent this great movie from Redbox, and had the energy to do a little bit of shopping afterwards. I even had the opportunity to share my faith with a fellow christian.

While I was at the checkout line at Bottom Dollar, this sweet spanish lady came up to me and asked me what my nationality was, and where I was from. I told her I was hispanic, and originally from Texas. She then introduced herself, and proceeded to tell me about her church, and eventually invited me to her church. I was excited about this moment because of the opportunity to not only speak in Spanish, but to share my faith with her as well. I have to tell you I was very impressed on her approach, and in the way she expressed herself about her feelings about the Savior. The checkout line was moving quite quickly, and as I set my stuff down on the counter I then invited her to our church, and then proceeded to tell her a little about the church I attended. Funny how we try to convert each other without any contention! There wasn't too much time to talk except that she kept mentioning how nowadays we need to turn to our life to God. I agreed with her and let her know that even though we attend different churches that we should help others, and live a Christlike life. It was time for me to pay, and so she said thank you for sharing, and for the chance she had to talk to me. I said no problem.

As I was heading to my car, I felt the urge to give her a pass along card of our church. I have some on hand in the glove compartment of our car in case of instances such as this, and boy have I had a lot of those in the past. Chelsea saw what I was grabbing and asked me what I was doing. I then told her that I was going to give that nice lady a card with Jesus picture on it, and to tell her that she is welcome to our church anytime. Luckily they were still in the parking lot unloading their groceries in their trunk, and there she was talking to another person about God. WoW!! I was impressed again! I waited for a pause in her conversation with the gentleman she was talking to, and grabbed the opportunity to wave to her while her husband took over in sharing his reborn experience. I handed her the card, and told her more about our church, and that she could call the 800# in the back of the card if she was interested in learning more about us. She obliged, and thanked me once again. My last words to her were this, "You know sister, we are all searching for that salvation and light of Christ, and no matter what church we go to, what is important is on how we live this life on this earth,  how we teach our children, and how we serve our fellow man. We are all striving for the same goal which is to live like Him, and to share with others the happiness and joy that living a life of Christ can be for us." She agreed, and said to me, "God Bless you", gave my daughter a kiss on her forehead, and we exchanged hugs.


I just love my heritage, and the passion we have to share the love of Christ!!!

Whether or not I may see this lady at our church doesn't matter. I'm sure she'll be thinking the same thing. I know that by sharing our faith with her will bring forth many blessings, and I give thanks to our Heavenly Father for the courage I had to share the love for our Savior in how He changed my life. The movie I watched that day was a perfect example of courage in doing the right thing by God. Standing for what we believe in, and how we should live our life. This woman was a loving example of Christ. She was sharing her love and faith. She was not afraid to approach me to tell me about it, and she exemplified happiness! Bottom line...SHE WAS REBORN.

I remember that day when I entered the waters of baptism, and how I felt afterwards. Happy and cleansed from all my sins. Still...I want to be the member who is always courageous, and fearless in everything that I do. To stand up for truth and righteousness, and in what I believe in. I love sharing our faith, and sometimes we don't think about confronting someone to share it. We may feel that it's not our job, and that the full time missionaries should do it. Well, I love my faith in God, and if I ever seek an opportunity to share it... I am going to do it whether it's online, or in person.

I know there will come a time in where we will all be doing that, and the time for us to begin was yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment