REPLY

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

on the fifth day of spring.

It never fails that every time Jon has a day off it snows. To tell you the truth i am glad he was here with me, because if he wasn't I might have just lost it.

The day started out with Noah coming to our bed to let us know that "is snowing owside" I knew we were expecting it, but I didn't think it would go on all day for what it seemed like eternity. I had to snap out of my melancholiness, and what helps me snap out of that mood...taking pictures. 
I got dressed and dropped Chelsea off at school, and began snapping pictures of my cute husband, and son.
even though Noah doesn't attend school yet, he has to have his backpack every time we take his sister to school. 
Luckily we are the type of people who don't really like to stay cooped up in the house when it snows, but because Jon worked late the other night he went back to sleep for awhile. 

While Noah was multitasking by watching a bit of television & playing with his train set I ventured outside, and went for a quick walk down the bike trail.

And it was a beautiful sight.
Not a soul in sight. Just me walking along snapping pictures.
In the middle of my walk I was beginning to not mind the snow falling on my face. Maybe it's because I was dressed properly or because i know this weather isn't going to last long. Yeah...I think that was it. 

On my way home from my walk I almost missed these evergreen looking trees. 
Actually yellowish looking trees. Odd color, but I thought they looked cool enough to take a picture. Made me think about Christmas, and how it's going to be here in nine months! 

Our snowy day wasn't too bad. We ran a few errands, ate a speedy lunch at Don Pablos, and made tacos for dinner, and spending it with these boys is always a blast. Never a dull moment with the Jorgensens especially when my youngest daughter always asks if she can take pictures of us. 

I obliged. 
Overall I had a pretty good day. I think I've been away from Utah too long where I didn't mind having snow in the spring. I remember one year it snowed in April!! As much as I love the snow it just came too late for us here in Jersey. 

Why didn't you come last Christmas, or in early January when the kids still had time off from school? 

Huh?

Oh, Marchy, marchy, marchy, I at least thank you for bringing sunshine for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment