REPLY

Monday, March 18, 2013

Aida

This past weekend was the high school's musical production of AidaWe all love the theatrics, and being that this is Sierra's senior year we wanted to show our support by attending all three nights. This was the first time in four years where I've seen a high school musical for three nights in a row, and I'm so glad I did! 

On opening night one of my best friends came with me for support, my husband and I went on Friday night, and on closing night I had a mother/daughter date with Alexandra.


Aida has got to be my favorite high school musical thus far. Maybe it's because I love a good love story, and it also reminded of the broadway musical Ghost

Although Into the Woods, and Rent were performed very well in the previous years Aida in my opinion was the best.  


We had front row seats, and it was a perfect view to not only be in view of the violinists (which Alex was thrilled to be close to), but to see Sierra as well. 

This year instead of acting, or being a part of the stage crew Sierra played with 10 adults in the orchestra. She looked like a professional in being a part of the orchestra, and played exceptionally well on the keyboard. 

Who knows...this could have been practice for when she plays in an orchestra for a broadway show in the future. 

Another dream thought i suppose!
As always when the show is over I take pictures of Sierra with her acting buddies. 
picture via T.J.
This show was phenomenal, and what an amazing talent these kids have! They all did very well, but I have to give a huge BRAVO to the three key players that had lead roles. 
Lindsay as the fashionable Amneris
Desiree as Aida, princess of Nubia
the one and only t.j. as Radames
They all have acting potential, and are all majoring in musical theatre in the fall. 

Now I normally don't take pictures with any of Sierra's friends, but I just had to take one with T.J. who played Radames. He was amazing, and I truly felt as if I was watching an actual broadway show. 


My daughter teases me and says that I have a crush on him because every time I see him I give him a big ol' hug. 

I may not have a crush on him, but I do love the way he sings, and acts on stage. He is the nicest kid anyone would want to hang around with and is truly humble. I am glad they are friends, and that in their senior year they ended with this show.  

This young man definitely has the potential to star on broadway. 
Okay...besides my husband I do love this kid. He's quite tall too...just like Jon! 

Amazing, amazing, amazing performances from everyone!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment