REPLY

Saturday, March 30, 2013

seeking a holy place.


What a momentous week this has been. The month of March for me had its ups and downs, but I'm happy to say that it's going to end with a tremendous up! 

I've never been to the temple on Good Friday & having attended during the Easter season was very special. So special that I would like to make it a tradition to go on Good Friday every year from here on out.

Every time I attend the temple I learn something new. I've learned to never go in a casual state of mind, and to try to go with a clear mind that has room for more things to learn and to look at things in a different perspective. 
It's so true what President David O' McKay (1873-1970) once said after his 90th birthday. He said something along the lines of, "even though I go to the temple once a week, I still learn something new." He was a member his whole life, and that is something that I feel is so true. 

Attending the temple during the Easter season was indeed special and the meaning of the work that I did in there gave a whole new meaning as to the reason of my presence in this world. 

It's times like the past week, and month(s) that I've had especially when days were so gloomy that I needed that extra strength to rejuvenate myself, and become me again. 

Sure I have my pen, journal, kids, husband, and books that make my life blissful, but what I realize is that in order to continue to build that happiness my faith needs to be strong. 

The choices I make to have faith in the Lord no matter how hard life can get can be hard at times, but knowing that there is a holy place waiting for my existence to enter to feel peace, helps me realize once again that life makes a whole lot of sense. 

I'm reminded of my Saviors love when I enter the temple, and the feeling I get at the end of the day gives me assurance that I'm never alone. 

Never alone during the days when my three year old son doesn't want to take a bath, and when I'm pulling my hairs out because he still does not want to go potty on the toilet

Never alone when Jon is working late, and I'm having to play both roles of mother & father to two teenage daughters and an eight year old in dealing with questions regarding their homework, trials of their day, & slight drama.

Never alone when I'm literally feeling alone

I know that there is a holy place that I can go to whether alone, or with my husband to feel whole again.

Besides making our home a haven on earth I know that I can always go the House of The Lord for free.  

How grateful I am to be a member of a church where God's existence is felt through the walls of this beautiful building, and to continue to return to a house that is filled with an overwhelming sense of peace, love, and faith.

**Remembering Christ throughout this sacred season is so special. Please watch this to remember Him.

Happy Easter.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment