REPLY

Monday, March 25, 2013

busy as a bee.

The last half of the school year has been mega busy, and it will be until graduation. 

My two oldest daughters have been absent every night for the past two weeks, and now that their drama productions are over, I hope it'll slow down a bit.

Umm, I don't think so. 

We have spring concerts, and numerous jazz band festivals lined up until May.

How do I deal? Honestly, I just do it. I try my hardest not to complain because this is what the girls love to do. I wonder if it's because I didn't have the opportunities that these girls have growing up with being involved in extracurricular activities. 

When they ask that they'd like to do this, and join that, well, after a long discussion and some counsel we as parents will oblige. 

Alexandra is starting out a young age, but man is this girl focused. She truly is mature for a 13 year old. Sometimes I forget how old she is, and I start talking to her like an adult! 

This past weekend she played Jill in her middle schools drama production of A Walk in the Woods.

She portrayed the role perfectly, and althought she didn't have many lines she will be remembered for her poise, great diction, and uniqueness in acting. 
All these kids put on a great show, and worked well together. It was a cute production, and perfect for small children. 
********

While Alex was performing on Saturday night Sierra was at another jazz competition. I'll tell you these kids have an innate talent when it comes to music. Especially Sierra. This is her second win as best piano soloist, and the whole band won for best rhythm section. I couldn't be more pleased.
When these kids come together as one and play with one sound...they are awesome, and the end result...they are all winners! 

********
As our children get older their life becomes more busy, more overwhelming, more exhausting. And while they're slowly transitioning into an adult, and their lives are changing momentously, they'll all need a place to rejuvenate themselves so that they can leave the commotion of the world behind.

Perhaps a place where they can think, and ponder. To receive answers to their prayers, and just become sane again. A place where one can go to escape the busyness of the world. A place where every youth 12 and older can attend. 

That special place is the temple.
pictures via Megan Wynne with a little help from the VSCO app.
It is amazing to see these kids making the right choice by attending the temple instead of having your 'normal teen recreational outing' on a Saturday. 

They all came together in unity to bond, to be strengthened, to bless those who have passed on, and to surround themselves with the spirit of The Lord.
When I attend the temple it absolutely fulfills my inner being. I come out knowing that I can be better, do more, love more, forgive more, and strive more towards my goal of living a Christ like life no matter what adversity comes my way.  If I could go every day I would! It is my hope that my children, and all the youth of the church will strive to attend the temple as they mature in the gospel, and in the world. 

********

While my two oldest were at the temple, I had the privilege of hanging out with these two.  
Having these two on a Saturday all day by myself was bliss, but (yes there is always a but), they can be a little too much. 

Luckily we have a Sonic close by...
and that I didn't put the Easter decorations up yet. 
They had so much fine putting them out! Noah liked all the decorations, and defined them as "cute" on this vine video.

Motherhood is a full time job, and the life of a mother is hard. It can be overwhelming, and the weight can be too much sometimes.

There are days when I'm not at my best, but when everyone in my family comes together as one, and friends inside and outside of the church work as one... life can be pretty inspirational.

Such as the cast in Alex's drama production at her school, the jazz band at Sierra's high school, the youth of the church attending the temple, and my two youngest children getting along. They all worked together as a beehive.

Whether it's my own children, the kids at school, or the youth of the church-there is hope for us all. 

There is hope for all generations to have great expectations in staying focused when it comes to how they live their lives. 

I hope that no matter how busy our lives get that as a family we can always become one, and strive our best to always be happy, but most of all...to make the right choices.

"Imagine what the millions of Latter-day Saints could accomplish in the world if we functioned like a beehive in our focused, concentrated commitment to the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ.” —Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

2 comments: