REPLY

Monday, October 28, 2013

finding peace & trying to live life better.

This past weekend consisted of hearing children sing, and reciting scriptures for a full hour, ways to find joy in attending the temple as well as learning ways we can pass on the love of The Lord, and our ancestors to our posterity. Suggestions on how we can make our home a heaven on earth without being bombarded with the "things" of the world, and how to overall just have peace in finding ways to regroup.

Although I'm beginning to feel that "good things come to those who hustle" sometimes slowing down is the best medicine. 

There are good days and not so good days. Luckily in the Jorgensen household we have more good days. I enjoy my days as someone who doesn't have much of a "paying job". I absolutely love being a stay at home mom, but to be honest my life (or I should say days) have been a bit rough for me lately. Noah hasn't been wanting to go to primary class, I'm still adjusting to Jon's new job, my calling, and having these two teasing each other every single day gets old. 


Why can't we all just get along!!

It's too much happening all at once, but I know that I can handle it. These two kids give the perfect definition of having a love/hate relationship. I am praying my heart out that it'll pass, and that when they are five, and ten years of age their relationship will blossom like their older sisters, & I will not give up on them!

Since Lexie has been staying after school for various activities it has given me the opportunity to have these two have some "outdoor time" together again.

This is my favorite time of year to spend outside, and take in every moment to see how beautiful life is. To really appreciate all that i have been given even when it's not enough. To always be grateful for opportunities when we can sit still, and not feel rushed to do the things that we feel have to get done. 

Because if you look at the big picture...the stress that we felt after packing so much in on a weekly basis is not a good feeling. 

My anecdote when I feel I have survived overtime hours of motherhood is seeing these two get along, because they usually don't...at least in our home. Every day they wake up teasing each other, and when she comes home from school it continues. 

And...


My struggle right now has been yelling, and I tend to yell really loud. Believe me...you don't want to hear me yell because us mexicans can yell really loud!

There are days when these two are literally pulling hair, and kicking each other (at least Noah does.) Although Chelsea has control on not to fight back, she'll still add in a little kick, and a side of an "I'm going to get you" look. I know...shocking huh. She's a sweet kid, but when it comes to her baby brother she has learned to defend herself. He's an almost four year old with a good amount of strength, and one who will certainly let you know to back off if you're bugging him. I know they are young, and again praying that it's a phase, and that this too shall pass. 

As I was hearing the words of the teacher this past Sunday about finding "peace at home" it clicked. I mean really clicked. I am seriously going to strive and thrive on finding that "unique" peace. I want to find that "unique" peace that I once had before all my kids got old! I want to find that "unique" peace where yelling was not a part of my life. I want my life to be filled with the spirit, and for my home to be a heaven on earth filled with peace, pure happiness, and love.

I know that it's up to me to me as a mother, and my responsibility to rear our children (especially these two) into being the best they can be. I am the only mother they have. They truly are good kids, and i love them both so very much! 


So here's to a life where from here on out my goal is to not yell when these two get out of hand, find peace within these two monkeys, and to simply live a happy and normal life. 

**Prayers are welcomed, and a Happy Monday to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment