REPLY

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Happy July!

Is it seriously July already? I cannot believe how quickly this summer is already passing us by. Luckily the days are longer so that I can pretend it's 5pm instead of 8pm. Temperatures are beginning to climb, and the past couple of weeks have pretty much been spent outdoors. I think every kid prefers outdoor playing in the summer as opposed to indoor television watching. Since school's been out I've made effort after effort in getting the kids outside to explore. Whether it's at the park, the beach, or our little backyard they have found ways to entertain themselves, and so far it's been a pretty awesome summer. 

I have been having a few deja vu moments having these two all to myself while Sierra, and Lexie continue to be away. I remember the times when Jon & I had Sierra and Lexie all to ourselves for ten years before Chelsea & Noah joined our family. There is an enormous difference in this pair as opposed to Sierra & Lexie. A great big difference! First of all they are quite a handful. They are vocal, and will let you know their ideas as to how they would like to spend their day. Sometimes I say to myself had I had these two first instead of Sierra and Lexie who knows if I would of have had more kids! I know, I know...not a kind thought, but it's true. Especially since I had a lot of anger issues to resolve when I first got married. God knew that he needed to send me two calm, well-mannered kids to teach me the true meaning of love through the eyes of a child, and later brought Noah and Chelsea to continue that part of my life in being a good parent, to test my patience, and to build a love for them even deeper like I've never felt before. In the end I'm extremely grateful to have them all in my life with all their differences, quirkiness, spunkiness, and strong willed personalities. I sure do learn a lot from them, and they are definitely someone I would look up to in the future. 

One thing for sure is that they both compliment each other, and even though they have this love/hate relationship going on they truly do have fun together. They have their good days, and not so good days, but they mostly have good days. Thank goodness because if they fought everyday who knows what kind of major therapy I'd be needing. I know that this phase of theirs is temporary and that when Chelsea is 12, and Noah is seven they will get along like two peas in a pod. They'd better because Lexie will be in college at that time and they will be the only ones left in the house to amuse, pick, vent, laugh, and talk to each other. 
The past couple of weeks and have been bittersweet, and although I miss Lexie it's been nice having them to myself. We have gone on library trips, the shore, oh...and I bought them some fresh chalk to "Picasso" our sidewalk. 
They always get giddy when water ice, ice cream, and yogurt are involved. They're new favorite place has been Pinkberry. Ever since we experienced this in Georgetown we were all in awe, and when we found out they opened one up across town we were excited! So this is a "must go once a week" ritual on our summer list! 
Life couldn't be any sweeter. I love spending time with my family, and this bonding thing never gets old!
I look forward to Lexie coming home soon from band camp, and for Sierra to come out soon for a visit. It'll be like old times. I just hope that this summer will pass like the caterpillar in that Geico commercial so that I can have more days like this. 

Happy July everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment