REPLY

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Scenes of a Beach Day.

With Jon having a day off from work this past Monday and with the kids having half days off from school for the rest of the week we decided to spontaneously go to the beach. I have been craving the ocean since the weather got hot, and this time we all dived into the water. Well...most of us did.

I honestly believe that I prefer the beach over mountains, and summer over winter. Living in Texas for the first 20 years of my life has kept me acclimated to the warm weather, and I love it. However there are times when the heat can be a little too much, but not on this day. The weather cooperated, and it was perfect. Not like how it was this past Memorial weekend where the water was freezing cold, and all we did was play in the sand. The water was a perfect temperature which was surprising because northern beaches are usually freezing cold...even during the summer! 



We had so much fun today, and here are some scenes of our wonderful afternoon...

It seems that all Noah wants to do the entire time at the beach is attempt to build a sandcastle, and just play in the sand. He loves the water, but on this day he just wanted to play in the sand.
and like a good mom I set this book that I'm currently reading (which is riveting by the way) aside, and joined in on the fun with him. 
After a while he went into the water with Lexie, but wading in past his belly is as far as he went. Perhaps if we get him a boogie board he'll be more tempted to go in full swing! He said the water was still too cold for him. Playing in the sand, and finding seashells are his favorite things to do when we arrive!
^^^ mandatory pic of my man with muscle! haha ^^^
^^^ here are a few seashells Noah & I found while walking around the beach. ^^^
^^^ this girl is so lucky to have super short hair this summer...and she looks so chic! ^^^
I absolutely love living super close to the beach. I count my blessings for having a running car that takes us there! For the past few weeks we've had car troubles. Nothing major just minor things that needed repairing which were easy fixes, but still...it's so nice to have a vehicle to take you places! That is one thing I never take for granted, and if we have one I'm going to use it to my advantage and go to the beach every chance we get! Especially this summer!
This week has been off to a great start, and we look forward to more days at the beach! We'll be back soon! 


Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment