REPLY

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Youth Conference '14.

^^^ Inside the Washington D.C. temple vistiors center, photo source-Sam Muller ^^^

I marvel at the testimonies that were said by the youth on the last day of youth conference. I am amazed, and taken back by them. Some of their testimonies that were said reminded me of myself when I first joined the church. All bearing a simple witness to others that this church is it. The cream of the crop. That the Book of Mormon truly is another word of God, and that everything written in it is true. That Jesus Christ is their Savior, and that through him all things are possible. Amen to that. Joining the church at the age of 20 was the best thing that I have ever done, and a monumental moment I will never forget! The gospel anchors me closer, and closer to God and helps me recognize that life has a purpose, and that I have an important role in this life. And this is what I yearn for my children, and for every youth in the world. 
Listening to their testimonies were inspiring and behind some of the cracked voices and timid faces there's a strength in them that is waiting to be nurtured. They all have the potential, and the ability to move mountains and help others. No matter the trials the youth have today they can overcome them, and be like the armies of Helaman, and strong sisters in Zion. 

Some of them may not know this, but they are all stronger than they can imagine. 

It makes me extremely grateful that I am raising my children in this church, and that they are getting more and more familiar not only with the gospel, but with themselves in continuing to developing a firm foundation of Christ. 

I didn't have the opportunity to attend the temple trip with the youth during conference (hubby works, and had no sitter for the kiddos...boohoo), but I heard that it was the most spiritual experience ever! 

This was Lexie's first youth conference and she had so much fun! She was talking to me about all the classes that were held at the church, and how spiritual going to the temple was. She loved the story of John Tanner, and said that watching the Joseph Smith movie never gets old. She especially loved how everyone was unified at the last dance because lets face it...there are "cliques" everywhere. To see all the youth in a huge circle dancing the night away expressing fun towards one another was a miracle. Their examples of acceptance and unconditional friendship just shows that they all have the potential to continue to live in such a manner.
^^^ Sisterhood...photos by Vanessa Aparicio ^^^
The LDS missionaries of the church sent an email describing how wonderful they felt having these particular group of kids come so willingly to serve. They gave a beautiful description of how they felt the spirit so strong among our youth, and with all the work that they did. Can you believe they did 740 baptisms? Wow! They were there all day doing baptisms for the dead, watching inspirational videos, and singing hymns. 

I wish I would've been there to help lead, and experience going to the temple with 150 youth as opposed to two (my daughters), but after reading the LDS missionaries  summary statement via email of how they felt having our youth in their presence brought tears to my eyes. They absolutely had a great experience with the youth, and even quoted some of the youths answers in the question they asked them which was, "What did the Holy Ghost teach me today?"  Reading their comments, and answers hit a hole in my heart, and that's how I know they have potential. I felt the spirit so strong through their words. 

Even though I wasn't raised with these youth programs I know that they are powerful, and help strengthen our children in helping them fit into the mold. I know that it will help them grow spiritually in finding out who they really are. 

I know. 

I know this because I see the changes in my girls as they get older and no matter what trials they have gone through and will continue to go through they will survive, and with the help of the holy ghost they will be guided and strong. They all have a choice in wanting to build a Christ centered life, strengthen their testimony, and to make the best of every situation that falls on their path. I have faith that they will all eventually "get it."

Sure there will be trials along the way, hearts being broken, and all that teen, unnecessary drama that seem like a big deal now. But if we truly put an effort into choosing the right, and to stand as a witness of God at all times, and in all things, and in all places all those trials will be easier to handle. The unnecessary drama will disappear, and their life will flow so much easier. And all those things that seemed like a big deal will look like something so petty. 
^^^ Washington D.C. Temple, photo source-Vanessa Aparicio ^^^
The House of The Lord truly brings a spirit that inspires, and brings happiness, peace, and unity to one's soul. It helps us to forgive, and for a few hours helps us to forget the things of the world. It builds up our faith in God, and rejuvenates the soul.

I look forward getting to to know more of the youth, and helping them along the way in anything they need.  

Now...let's go on more temple trips. 

Shall we.





No comments:

Post a Comment