REPLY

Friday, July 11, 2014

Selfies from the Fourth.

On the day of the fourth before Lexie's grand finale concert in Philly started we decided to go to the park, and the let the kids play around. Noah was excited because even though we didn't go to a parade, or have our own little swarry in our neighborhood we decided to do our own thing. We decorated Noah's little scooter, and he rode around in it feeling like someone important. He loved it, and next year I hope we can be more elaborate in our celebrating by attending a fourth of July event during the day, possibly have a little bbq with family, and a few friends.
I'm not sure how many of you know that I used to do a little bit of modeling in the first years of my marriage when i was in my 20's, and it never fails. Till this day every time we take pictures my husband will mimic me every time I tell him to photograph me. This time we were taking selfies, and as much as I'm not a big fan of them I wanted to have a little bit of fun. When I'm trying to take one looking fierce (which wasn't working) Jon was not helping, and i couldn't concentrate. He was being goofy, and that's when I said, "the heck with this...let's have some fun with this wonderful thing man invented called an iPhone." Here we are in our many different faces...
See what I mean...he's mimicking me!

Chelsea & Noah saw how much fun we were having and were feeling a bit left out. I took one with the both of them individually. We have definitely created some selfie monsters. 
And finally...an appropriate selfie for our posterity. 

We may not have immediate family close by, but what we have is each other. And as long as our little family is happy that's all that matters. We make our own kind of fun, and that's the best part of everyday no matter what the occasion is. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, and that this post made you smile! 

No comments:

Post a Comment