REPLY

Friday, August 26, 2016

Always Speak Kind Words to Each Other.

But ye will teach them to walk in the ways of truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve one another. -Mosiah 4:15
A "husband and wife have a women responsibility to love and care for each other, and for their children." "The home is to be God's laboratory of love, and service," said President Russell M. Nelson> 

"Our Heavenly Father wants husbands and wives to be faithful to each other, and to esteem and treat their children as an heritage from the Lord."

In the book of Mormon, Jacob said that the love that husbands had for their wives, the love that wives had for their husbands, and the love that both had for their children was among the reasons the Laminates were at one point more righteous than the Nephites. (Jacob 3:7)

One of the best ways to invite love, and harmony into our homes is by speaking kindly to our family members. Speaking kindly brings the Holy Ghost. Sister Linda K. Burton, Relief Society general president, asked us to consider: 

"How often do we intentionally "speak kind words to each other?"

Not only is this the visiting teaching lesson for the month of August, but Jon, and I also taught it this past week for our FHE lesson. It seems like so many of us speak unkind words to each other. Sometimes without even knowing it. Not knowing how hurtful, or detrimental it can be to the other person. 
As a mother I know that I have been guilty at speaking unkind words to those I love, and I know I can do so much better. I have seen the difference in my kids when I have uttered words in anger, and how their demeanor changes. I see that it hurts, and how they will go to Jon telling them how I've been a "mean mom" today. 

After writing this post that's what has caused me even more to change, and treat others better. Whether it's family members, or any human being that crosses our path. As a member of the church it is my right, and duty to live as Christ is. And although I'll never reach perfection, I know I can always try. 

So thankful for the teachings of the gospel, and for a prophet that leads and guides us today in these latter days. There is nothing more peaceful than waking up, and reading the scriptures. Whether it's the bible, the Book of Mormon, a whole chapter, or even a verse. Just reading a snippet of one of those books, and seriously pondering, and studying it will help my day be better. The spirit of the Lord tends to be more calm, and peaceful when I put God's word first. 

I love the stories, and messages that are given monthly to us from our church magazine. When I read them my soul is uplifted, and i always try to imagine my life in one of the stories. Kind of like a "what if." Some of them I can relate to, and the ones I don't I can only imagine. 

So as we continue to settle in our new area, and place I hope to always speak kind words to others. To my new neighbors (which I hardly ever see) strangers, every member of my church, but most of all my family, and especially my children, because they are the ones who are learning from me, and watching my example.

Here's hoping everyone has a wonderful weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment