REPLY

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

How We Treat Others.

Regardless of how Christ was ridiculed, beaten, whipped, and stoned he loved everyone unconditionally. He still loved us. He loved us so much that He laid His own life down for us.

And we should all do the same. 

Not sacrificing our life as Christ did, but loving others unconditionally. 

Especially when it comes to humanity. 

But most of all family. 

Granted I am not a perfect person, but I know that if we really have the desire to change our naughty ways it can be done. For some it may take years, or even a lifetime of change, but it can be done. 

I know I'm guilty of hurting, and talking about people, but as I, and my children grow older, especially having an adult daughter, one thing for sure is that I would never want to talk ill of anyone in front of them. Whether it's a family member, a neighbor, or someone in our congregation. I would feel really bad if someone came up to me, and told me certain things that I said that was mean about someone, and how that made them feel, I would want to change my ways. Change for the better, and it's a shame that some of us are past feeling. Going through the motions, not seeing how it can affect someone when someone we really care about is hurt because of something we said, and vice versa. It's hurtful, but at the same time makes me love that person even more. Because I've changed, and learned to bite my tongue, and love no matter what.

That's the beauty of the gospel.

The gospel really helps change people. It's a work in progress, and if we really have the desire to want to change our bad habits, and how we treat people we can change. Regardless of what people may think, I know that I have changed.

I look back at the time when I joined the church and how hard it was for my mother to accept the fact that this was serious for me. That I really took to heart the love I had for Christ and this new religion that I converted to. It took her a while to 'catch on' that I was really striving to change. She had a hard time believing that I had a strong love for God, and that I was willing to change my ugly attitude, and bad habits. I think of the scripture "by the fruits ye shall know them." And after 23 years of striving to live a christ like life, my mother, including a few of my friends who knew how I used to be have seen the change, and not acting like the "old rose."

And they are happy for me!

Part of the gospel is change. Evolving. Growing. 

But most of all enduring.

Throughout all my years of being a member I have learned that in order to become like Christ is to act like Him, and it has taken me years to change things that I didn't like about myself. And in return rather than sulking, and dwelling in the past, I have learned to celebrate that change, and to have joy in any given situation. The good, the bad, and the ugly. 

Some people have a hard time letting things go, but I'll tell you this, if you seriously plead to Heavenly Father while kneeling in prayer that all the drama that life, the world, and family can bring will be easier to let go. That forgiveness will come easier. That judging people will be a thing of the past. That you will actually begin to feel. I have experienced this so much in my life to the point where I just don't have time for it. Of course I have time to pray for all the chaos that life, the world, and family can bring, but don't have time or the energy to talk about others. 

Because I don't focus on that. I'm too busy finding joy among the chaos that this world can bring.
Attending the temple often really helps me to forget about all the negativity that has gone on in my life. Especially all that I have been through in the past, but mostly the present. It strengthens me to become a better person, and rejuvenates my soul. The love I have for my family, and friends grows even stronger. That's the beauty of what the temple does to one's heart. 

I know that when I treat others with respect, and love them for who they are that they in return may want to change, and become better. And when we support our loved ones with all the choices they make, they become a happier, and peaceful person. We are constantly moving along this path called life, and it is up to us to choose one that brings happiness, and joy. And when someone we love chooses a path that we wouldn't have chosen, but it is still good because they are a loving, kind, and joyful person, it's important to express support, and love them regardless. 
Because that's what Christ did, and still does. 

He is the perfect judge, and only He can determine our destiny. 




No comments:

Post a Comment