REPLY

Friday, February 17, 2017

The Taylor Swift Experience!

When Chelsea was three years old I remember writing this status on my Facebook, "dancing with my baby girl to Love Story."  I love that song, and every time it tuned in on the radio I'd turn up the volume. Even though we haven't been to any of her concerts yet, we are still a fan, and we absolutely love Taylor. Reading the history about how she came to Nashville to audition, and how she got signed on at such a young age is remarkable.
We love her story, and her music, and really appreciate how far she has come to get to where she's at. So since we never had a chance to go to any of her concerts I decided to do the next best thing, and surprise Chelsea by taking her to New York, and see The Taylor Swift Experience. Chelsea had no clue where I was taking her, and when she saw the huge photo of Taylor outside the building questioned it, and asked where we were going. I told her it's a little museum where a lot of her memorabilia sits, and we can just go inside and get to know her a little bit more. My other girls are not huge fans of Taylor, but they do approve of her music, but I'm so glad that I have a daughter who really, really loves her! 
And we had such a fun time experiencing the wonders of Taylor! 
 Her clothes that she wore to concerts, and awards shows were unreal! And check out that piano! Chelsea was so tempted to play it, but wasn't allowed! 
We had so much fun on this dance floor. They were constantly playing her songs in the background and all over the museum. At one point we had the whole dance floor to ourselves, and luckily we saw two other taylor swift fans who were nice enough to snap a picture, and "boomerang" us. You can see that short video here

What a fun day it was in the city with this girl. I love spending one on one time with each of my girls, and taking them to places that make them happy. I hope to have more fun days like this. 

If you're a fan and want to visit the the taylor swift experience this is the last weekend for it so have a good one folks! 


No comments:

Post a Comment