REPLY

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Noah's First Phillies Game.

This is going to be an easy post because what I have to say about Noah's first experience to a ball game are from the words of Jon's mouth, and Jon is a "to the point kind of guy" where he doesn't give too much detail because he's always "living in the moment" when we go out as a family, and focuses on what he's doing which is good. I have to ask him the who's, what's, where's, and whys whenever he takes any of the kids out on a "daddy/son/daughter date. I personally love taking pictures so that I can document them for my kids, and luckily I'm pretty good at multitasking while having fun so that I can take pictures, and not feel that I missed out on anything.

I wasn't able to go to the game tonight because I only purchased three tickets. I bought these tickets back when school started and because I thought Sierra was going to continue her education at UARTS I figured she would stay home and watch the little ones just like she always has while Jon, Lexie, and I did our "yearly tradition" of going to the Phillie's game while she performs with the Lewis band. 


This was Lexie's last performance playing the national anthem with the Lewis middle school band, and for once didn't play the keyboard! She's always played the keyboard, but decided to do something different this year. She decided to play the oboe, and has really enjoyed learning to play it. Mr. Nichols also seemed a little relieved that he didn't have to haul a keyboard in and out of the bus. He said that packing an oboe as opposed to a keyboard was so much easier! I have to agree!
 
I was happy to have given my ticket to Noah because Jon and Lexie said he had the time of his life. He was definitely being a little kid having fun, and cheering every time someone hit a home run. When the music would come on he would be singing along with the crowd even though he didn't know any of the words. Everyone was saying how cute he looked. Jon bought him some fries from Chickie & Pete's and apparently wanted everything on the menu. There was also a lady selling cotton candy down the aisle, and asked Jon if Noah would like some. He said to her, "Sure if he'll eat it." She looked dumbfounded and asked, "What do you mean?" Jon replied, "See...my son doesn't have a big sweet tooth, and is very particular when it comes to which kinds of junk food he wants to eat. Every once in a blue moon he'll eat something junky, but most of the time it's grains, fruits, and veggies. The cotton candy girl responded, "Can I clone him!" I began to laugh when Jon told me that moment.   
I'm a little bummed that I missed Lexie's last performance hearing her play, and that I didn't get to go with Noah to his first baseball game to witness this experience through his eyes, but I'll definitely be going with Noah to games in the future so that I can see his reaction sitting in a huge ballpark, cheering on the Phillie's, and turning down cotton candy in person! 
Glad you had a great time son! I love you, and next time I'll make sure this mama takes you out to the ballgame!

xo-


mom


**Past times we've gone to the Phillie's game are here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment