REPLY

Thursday, January 3, 2019

On The First Day Of January in 2019....

There's something about the ocean that brings renewal to the soul. At least it does for me, and I'd like to think it's the same for my family. Three years ago on New Years day I woke up and felt the sudden urge to go the beach. I love the fact that we literally live 35-45 minutes away from a few beaches along the shore, which gives us no excuse to go. The beach, like the mountains, is the closest thing to God, and because they are His creation I never want to take it for granted. Coming here with my family helps us think about what's to come, and how we want to be in the new year. 

It's so peaceful, and soothing here. I love the time we spend here together talking, and laughing. It's so much fun, and it today was a perfect day to pause, and reflect, and start anew. 
Chelsea was at home getting over the flu, and she didn't want us to not go. Luckily we weren't too far away to leave her behind, and were only gone for a couple of hours. We did miss her, and hope that next year we won't have any sick kids in the new year! 
Lexie definitely missed the beach, and was so happy we went. I love capturing moments of my family, and took a few photos.


These two although ten years apart are super close. Noah was just so thrilled that she was here. I think I took one too many photos of them together! Sorry-not sorry for so many photos! 

Including this one of an injured seal we stumbled upon while walking on the rocks.
Noah was so concerned, and sad for it. He wouldn't leave until rescue came to nurture it. Apparently they weren't going to come for awhile, and we had to go. We felt so sorry for it, as the seal was silently hurting. I could see it in his eyes that he was hurting! I didn't even feel like taking photos, but Noah wanted me to take one so we can show it to Chelsea. Ever since then he's been praying for the seal to heal. 
This child is my second boyfriend. I love him so much, and can't get enough of him in pictures. So many of my friends tell me to get him into modeling and I am seriously considering that. That hair though! 
I asked Lexie to take a pictures of me and dad, and as usual Noah has to photobomb our pic. He is the king of photobombing! 
Finally some decent pics taken by Lexie! 

And a few family selfies including us...
Yep...no matter what happens this year, we are going into 2019 positive, and strong, and joyful! 

1 comment: