REPLY

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Here's To Eight Years Of Blogging & The Reason Behind The Blog.

Eight years ago today, on a cold January morning I finally got with the 21st century, bought a computer, and started a blog to deal with my emotional state of mind, and the abuse I endured as a young child. Sharing my bad experiences through writing is one of those indicators that I'm finally getting on with my equilibrium. Living life in New Jersey for two years with four kids, and no family to rely on close by in some ways really became a stressor. 

I let that affect me to some point, but regardless, and by the grace of God having Noah was a blessing. I've always loved to write, and speak out, and since both our families live in Texas and out west, I figured creating a blog would be a great way to stay in touch, and keep them updated on my family as well as healing, and soothing my state of mind.

Blogging has been really therapeutic for me, and truly eased my dark days. I released my emotions, and fought my way through those dark days with writing, and capturing images of Noah while he was sleeping. While this idea wasn't my own, I found it relaxing, and happy, and at times even laughed at myself while capturing these images of him. At times I would even think, "who's actually going to look at these, and "like them." Doing this "little project" when he was a baby truly helped me heal from my past, and move on. 

It was the easiest, and productive thing for me to do with him cause when they're babies what else do you do with them besides feed them and change them. He was such a good baby, and has been my solace while living in Jersey. I am so glad he was born at the time. He truly was the natural drug that "cured" my emotional state. 

As I look back at Noah's dreamland, and all the images I captured of him I still can't believe I did that. I was knew to social media and blogging that I didn't really care how many likes I got, or if anyone even commented on my blog. 

Blogs may not be big right now, and that's okay because this is my little corner of the net where I find solace, and joy in writing, and posting pics. I have come to the point where I really don't care how many hearts turn red on my Instagram, how many likes I get on FB (which I'm hardly ever on), and of course...who comments on my blog.

However, I do appreciate those that do "heart" my posts, and comment because let's be honest. That makes us feel good right? I mean, what's the point of having Facebook, or Instagram. A blog is totally different because it's pretty much an online journal, but those small social websites are huge, and when you have 800 plus followers and wonder why only 20-70 people like your posts it's kind of weird, but it shouldn't matter to us why we only have so little likes. 

My point is that I am so grateful to have started this blog, and to those who read it. And for those of you who just scroll down, and look at each others Insta stories without liking their posts that are on said Insta story just Heart it. It's okay. Don't worry about those who may think, "why are you liking or commenting on so and so's photo", or "why are you even friends with them." Who cares. There's a reason why you follow, and are "friends" with that person, or company. So next time you scroll down your IG, or surf FB, every once in a while, "love" or simply click the like button. It shouldn't matter if they have 5 likes, or 5000 hearts. Acknowledge them, and let them know that. You need not write an elaborate comment that takes up a paragraph, but a simple "like" will suffice. It will mean a lot to them especially those who put their whole heart in writing that long, or short post about their life on social media. Let them know you are there for them, and that you are friends for a reason. 

So here's to eight years of blogging. I may not blog on a daily basis for the mere fact that I want to spend time with my family than on a technical device, but also to take a break from the online world. So good for the soul when you do! Regardless, the writing will continue whether online, or in a handwritten journal. That will always be there for me. 

Happy Birthday Harmonious Combination! 



No comments:

Post a Comment