REPLY

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy 2019!

2018 has come and gone, and now it's 2019! I'd like to think that throughout the past years I always did my best to be a kind, gentle, and loving person to all mankind, and for the most part I feel as if I did. I can always do better though, and I am totally thrilled to be starting out a new year with my family. I'd like to focus on the good things, and stay positive no matter what trials come our way. The past is the past, and to be honest no matter how many times we reflect on it it's good to just let bygones be bygones. Reflecting on the beautiful is what matters, but moving on from all the goodness that was done in past years is good too because that just motivates us to become a much, much better person!

I love my family, and venturing out with them especially during the holidays, and the last weekend of December was absolutely the best. Although it's January first I will allow myself to reflect back on this day. Going to D.C. to see the temple lights, see a show at the visitors center, eat at Willard's Bbq, go window shopping at City Center, and go thrift shopping is pretty much tradition. 

Ever since we moved to jersey 10 years ago the temple in Washington D.C. will always be our temple, and even though it's under construction we still went to see the lights. It's nostalgic, and just love the peace that we feel as we walk around, and focus on the spiritual aspect of it all. The nativity is one of my favorite things to pause, and reflect, and look at.
These kids are the best. I may raise my voice, curse under my breath, and get after the younger ones because they tend to pick at each other, but after having a talk about making changes that not only pertain to our behavior, and attitude, but that pertain to being a better disciple of Christ. We talked about writing down goals, and how we can achieve them, and keep them. I like looking back at past posts as to what I wrote, and that also helps me to remember the things I'd like to change. 
I think it's going to be a great year, and I truly look forward to it! 

Happy New Year everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment