REPLY

Thursday, January 31, 2019

On The Last Day Of January In 2019...

Last Summer seemed like such a blur with all the moving, and prepping we were doing for our trip to Utah, and because we were too focused on helping Lexie get ready for college felt as if I neglected the one place where I run wild and free with the kids...and by myself. 

The Jersey Shore. 
I have been craving the sounds of the ocean for quite sometime now, and it didn't matter to me how cold it was. Polar Vortex. What is that? Summer isn't the only time to soak up a day at the beach. There have been numerous times where we have come to the beach in the winter time. We live so close, and the fact that I had a few errands to run near the shore gave me a good excuse to brave the subzero temps, and go for a walk along the beach. It was fun, and sunny, and bright, and beautiful. The sun was bursting with rays of sunshine, and it somewhat warmed me up. I had so much fun being the only crazy living person on the beach. Capturing shots of osprey, and all. 
I stopped for a minute to rest along the boardwalk, and to warm up a bit. Gloves, and long johns are a life savor when you spend an hour in "feels like -10 degrees temps. 
And relaxed while my teeth chattered. The ocean is indeed my favorite both in the summer and winter months. I count my blessings for this place where I can come at anytime. January was a pretty great month, and it treated me pretty good. Looking forward to tomorrow, and the start of a new month. 
Thanks for being a good year to me so far 2019. Looking forward to what life brings to me, and my family in February. 

No comments:

Post a Comment