REPLY

Friday, May 20, 2011

Birthday Withdrawal on a Rainy Day


Surrounded by tapered balloons Noah is watching-
 The Lion King

There has been a little bit of birthday withdrawal in the home since Wednesday. The streamers are still hanging on the ceiling and I don't want to take them down just yet. The week isn't over! It just makes the room so much more colorful and happy! Especially on days when it rains.

Only a few of the balloons have survived. I normally don't let Noah watch television, but because of the rain I made an exception. It was raining all day yesterday and instead of having a lazy pajama day, I was caring for the birthday girl. She developed a fever on the night of her birthday and stayed in from school. I'm wondering if the stress from testing this past week, and lack of sleep made her sick. The change of weather certainly didn't help either. There are some days when it's warm and then days that are cool. The weather has been inconsistent lately, and I believe that's another reason how she got sick. She laid down all day, woke up and read for awhile, and then went back to bed. She responded to a few text messages, took a shower and at the end of the day...she felt a little bit better.

Today is a new day and she didn't want to miss another day of school, and so she went. Hopefully they won't send her home because of her cough. We shall wait and see.

I didn't mind the rain. I just felt bad having the girls being cooped up in the house. It's okay because I really don't let them go out on a school day unless it's to go to the library. They're pretty good at using their imagination and finding things to do. Of course they play piano and Lexie practices her violin. 

Today she decided to enhance her intelligence by playing some memory games by Lumosity on the computer for about an hour. Supposedly the games on this website make your brain work quicker.
 
Chelsea wanted to do some yoga. She LOVES yoga and wants to do it everyday. She is my little motivator and example when it comes to exercise. She was a little bit bummed because we couldn't go outside to take Noah on his daily stroll when she gets home from her half day of Kindergarten. "That darn rain", she says. Hopefully it won't rain as much today or this weekend!
It's days like this where I feel fortunate to be a stay at home mom and care for my kids when they are sick. Being a mom fills my heart with joy and gratitude. I hope to always be here when, and if the school ever calls me to pick them up due to illness...which is very rare. We have always been blessed to have pretty healthy children. 

The sun is shining at the moment, but we are expecting at least 60% of precipitation. Let's hope the forecast is mistaken.

**I am also thrilled to see and hopefully meet this wonderful sister from our church this weekend.  She's coming to Valley Forge to uplift us and strengthen us in being faithful sisters in serving others and the Lord.

 Click here to read a powerful message.

No comments:

Post a Comment