REPLY

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Our First BBQ of the Season



I am just loving this month. So many wonderful things have happened thus far, and the wistful memories just keep coming back of our BBQ days back in North Carolina and Utah when the girls were little. I look forward to the spring and summer months because those are the months when we can have picnics, and BBQ in our little back yard, and that is exactly what we did for dinner last night. I have been craving BBQ ribs for a while so I had Jon drive to the store to buy the briquettes, some ribs, and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. We managed to cook all of the beef ribs in our little smokey joe before the rain started again.

Noah was observing his dad the whole time Jon was turning the meat. Once in a while Jon will have to lift up the lid and blow some of the smoke out of the way with his hand or mouth. Noah is imitating his daddy by blowing in the air.
As I was taking this picture Noah was laughing for no reason...he's such a happy little boy.

The girls played frisbee, and horseshoes.

It seems as if the grass becomes greener with each passing year. We have been here for three years now and the grass looks more vibrant in color.  So pretty, and I love it!
Noah has become obsessed with picking up sticks. At least he doesn't swing them around or hit anybody with it!
Although the weather may become trite for some of us...I actually don't mind it. If I was pregnant right now the rain probably would put a damper in my mood. Since I'm not though I actually don't mind overcast days. I don't want to hibernate in the house and do nothing. I really try to make the best of each day and make it fun for both me, my better half and our kids.

And the BBQ dinner...it was DELICIOUS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment