REPLY

Thursday, May 5, 2011

May the Fourth Be With You


One thing I love about Chelsea's school is that we have many opportunities of going to Philadelphia for school trips. It was a Star Wars day at the Please Touch Museum yesterday, and it was very interesting to see the elaborate costumes worn by those who participated.

                    
Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Princess Leia and the storm troopers were in true character. It was so surreal that we felt as if we were actually behind the scenes of the movie. It was crazy to see a live, eight foot tall walking Chewbacca. He even answered your questions with his signature growl, and Darth Vader acted intimidating as usual with his heavy breathing.

Here is Darth Vader about to choke Sierra. Such a classic, and it was fun taking the picture! (I'm glad it wasn't real!)


I was hoping to see Han Solo. He was my favorite character in the movie. I had a huge crush on him when I was little. I remember my sister and I always arguing about who was cuter...Han Solo or Luke Skywalker. I think Han Solo!

This museum reminded me of the Fascinate U Museum we had in North Carolina, but ten times bigger and better! I love museums like this because it does educate small minds with all the things that they have for the kids to learn and play with. We have been here numerous times and it is always a new adventure when we come. They have everything from a grocery store to a hospital, a science room, and even a newsroom. The girls favorite place was entering Alice in Wonderland. 




Noah sitting in the Mad Hatter's seat.

Tea time!


In the Newsroom.

Going shopping...Chelsea & Noah love fruit!!


playing with the boats at waterworks...

And last but not least...

The Walking Piano that was donated to the museum by FAO Schwartz. This was the original piano that was used in the movie "BIG" back in 1988. The girls LOVE playing on this piano (with their feet of course.) Sierra said it's a bit out of tune. I would imagine it would be being that it is over a decade old!!



We made it home by 7:45. We had Subway sandwiches for dinner, talked about our favorite part of today and waited for my better half to come home. It was a perfect evening to go out and for the kids to have more fun...even though it was on a school night.

*Do the schools in your area take your kids on any field trips after school?
*Any favorite museums you've been to lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment