REPLY

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Deal of the Day

While everyone is out on the shore this holiday weekend... the kiddos and I decided to do some thrift shopping. Goodwill thrift shopping that is. I can't even begin to tell you the things I have found there, and I'm not ashamed to advertise it either. Today I found these gently worn, cute cherry printed rain boots for Chelsea. They are Gymboree brand, and I bought them for $3.99! Sierra used her student discount of 15% and I got them for less than that. I love it when she is with me so I can bug her for her discount card! I also love the fact that there is no tax on clothing (or food) here in Jersey either.

It was perfect timing when I bought them.

Just when I thought the rain season was over it began to rain as were pulling in our driveway. Chelsea was so excited that she took them out of the bag and asked if she could wear them. After it stopped raining she didn't want to take them off. The weather cooled down afterwards and the breeze felt nice. 
Chelsea is super excited that I found rain boots to match her cherry dress (which I also found at the Goodwill store.) This is one of her favorite, comfortable dresses and she wears it A LOT! She always says to me that "I'm a good shopper, and that I know "my stuff".

As much as I love the beach I think we will go on a day when it's not as crowded. I saw the back to back traffic yesterday as I was out doing errands and I said to myself, "Yeah, we will definitely go on a day when we can have the beach all to ourselves." Of course that's impossible living in New Jersey.

We can only hope!

Have a fun and safe holiday weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment