REPLY

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

the complete saga.

picture via google
One of my favorite gifts when I was about nine was receiving a jigsaw puzzle. I honestly can't remember if it was a birthday or a Christmas gift. All I know is that it was one of the greatest gifts I received, and the coolest puzzle I ever owned.  

Before completely unwrapping it I peeked in a bit and noticed something brown, and furry on the box. I had a feeling what it was. I tore into, and there it was. A Han Solo and Chewbacca jigsaw puzzle. I can't even begin to tell you how many times my sister and I would redo that puzzle over, and over, and over again! 


To this day I have no idea what became of that puzzle, (mother probably through it away because it was wearing out), but it is a memory that will be etched in my mind as a young child forever! 


I remember always wanting to be Princess Leia so the handsome Luke Skywalker can rescue me. My sister was in love with Han Solo, and we also thought chewbacca was so cute! 


When Sierra was about six, we introduced it to her. We all went to the theatre to see Phantom Menace Episode 1, and she was in awe with the storyline, and how it all came into play. She then watched the rest of the episodes from the very beginning.


Star Wars has once again become a phenomena in the Jorgensen household. Blame it on my husband, and yes even me.  


I think my husband is estatic now that he has Noah to watch these movies with. He felt that it was time for Noah to get on board and watch the complete saga. It has been fun to watch both of them glued to the screen, and Noah enjoys every minute of it. 

From the battleships, to the garbage scene, and hearing Chewy making that arggggh sound. I think his favorite part were the battle scenes. Noah has a love for airplanes since watching the fighter jet scenes. 


Oh, and another favorite part are the laser scenes. Oh boy! 

He also loves R2D2 and C3PO. Odd names, but they are the coolest!

Alexandra, and Chelsea have been heavily into Harry Potter for the past three years, and were not into the Star Wars phase.


They are now. 


Blame it on their little brother. 


As for myself, now that I am older and a bit wiser I have understood the meaning behind the saga. Watching these movies has taught me things in an eternal perspective about life, and how we should live as a person. I think that is why I would always watch those movies over and over again while I was a teen. 


That powerful force that tells us if we just believe, have faith and do what is right, we can achieve anything beyond our imagination!

grandma gave me this shirt
may the force be with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment