REPLY

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

the birthday girls.

These two girls just had a birthday, and although I am happy to see that they are growing up and learning so much, I am sad to say that it's going by way too quick!

It's exciting that they share a birthday, and I know that as they grow up they will be celebrating  birthdays together. I picture them living close by as they get older, and always getting together on their special day. 


I don't want to be thinking about that now, but I know that the next years are going to fly by like a leer jet, and that they will all soon be graduating just like their older sister! 


Because Sierra & Lexie had to stay after school for all those extra curricular activities, and the fact that youth group at our church began at 7pm we had a small celebration.


It was simple, and I want to thank all of my friends, and family who sent them such lovely gifts!

Alexandra is now a teenager. She is 13, and while I hear how other kids her age are behaving these days she hasn't thrown me any major attitude...yet! She is such a brave soul with a one of a kind personality. She is my violinist, and it blows my mind that she is taller than me, (and Sierra!) I feel very blessed to have her in my life.
Chelsea's birthday is special because she is going to be celebrating it again when her grandparents arrive this weekend from Utah. She is getting baptized into the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and is so excited! She is counting the days, and just this past Monday we finished teaching her the final lesson in the Preach my Gospel manual. It is a manual in which the LDS missionaries use when they are teaching investigators about our church. I love that book and we use it quite frequently for family home evening. Chelsea does understand the basics of why she is getting baptism, and knows that Jesus is her brother and friend. I know that as she grows and continues to learn more about Christ and His apostles through the scriptures that she will have more knowledge and know for herself that what we have taught her is true.
She's barely eight, and she still has a lot to learn!

Just like I do! 


Happy Birthday girls! Hope y'all had a wonderful day! It's not over yet!
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like they had good birthdays...hope everyone enjoys the celebrations still to come..beautiful family! :)

    ReplyDelete