REPLY

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Chelsea's Baptism


This past weekend our youngest daughter got baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She had been counting the days for her father to baptize her, and she was so excited when January 20th came. 

Kind words were said about Chelsea, and it makes me feel good knowing the our daughter is loved by so many. 


We started out with Chelsea singing "I feel my Savior's Love" for the opening hymn, and her voice sounded so precious. We truly felt the love so deeply on this day from everyone who came to support Chelsea on her special day, and I thank you all for being here on this special event.

Especially my wonderful in laws who flew all the way from Utah. 
It was also nice to hear her sisters playing music on the piano & violin while Chelsea was getting ready.
We had such a wonderful time, and I am so thankful to my great friends including my wonderful mother in law who helped out in the kitchen to set up the luncheon afterwards. 
Chelsea's favorite part...the cake! 
We are so happy that she made the choice to be baptized on her own, and she looks forward to attending the Faith in God program as well as learning more about the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that having the the gift of the holy ghost by her side will help her make wise choices, and I pray that even at such a young age she will follow the promptings of the spirit. 

It truly was a special day.
 

One that she will never forget, and having the baptism journal that the Primary Presidency gave her is something that she can look back at to reflect on the joys that this day brought. 

2 comments:

  1. My son was just baptized on Saturday! Our kiddos are the same age, how fun!

    Your blog is so personal, love it. I enjoyed reading about the hurricane from your perspective. My blog partner/twin's hubby gave 2 weeks of volunteering there for APS Power Company so we have his side of it, neat to see a local's view. So glad all is on the up and up over there!

    Your family is beautiful and you're just darling! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nice compliment, and for commenting! Congrats on your little boy getting baptized too! Really enjoy your website! Y'all are so crafty! Learned to be crafty when I joined the church at the age of 20. Really grateful for pinterest to get ideas!

    You and your sister are so beautiful! Take care! xo

    ReplyDelete