REPLY

Monday, January 28, 2013

all south & my in-laws.

It was so nice to have had my in laws come for a visit, and to be here for Chelsea's baptism. I always appreciate the time they take to fly from Utah to visit us, and I am so lucky to have them in my life! 

I never thought that I would cry so much when they left this time around. We've moved around so much in the past I figured that I'd adjusted in being away from them for so long, and I have. It's just that this visit was so special, and I think the tears came from the fact that they got to attend two very unique & special events for two of our children, and that made me so emotional.


I have to admit that I miss them already, but we will see them again in June for Sierra's graduation!


This was Sierra's first and final year to participate with the All South Jersey Choir.

For the past month and a half Sierra has been singing in soprano under her breath, and all 
around the house working out her diaphragm. I didn't mind it at all because her voice is very pretty. The only thing I would mind at times is when I'd call out her name out, and she wouldn't hear me. 

She was constantly deep in singing her heart out. 


Loudly. 


She memorized eight songs in which she performed with seniors from various high schools. Everyone sang so beautifully, and the junior high chorus did great too. It was fun to see all the different colored robes from the audience.
 
photo via Mallory Wynne
We are so pleased with all of her accomplishments, and in all the hard work that she does in doing the things that she loves. She has so much potential in being a great singer, accompanist, and even a teacher!

Who knows...maybe she'll sing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in the future.


A mother can dream you know. 
I wish she could sing every weekend with the choir, but this was an opportunity of a lifetime that only lasted over the weekend. 

Singing and playing the piano is her passion, and I know that she is going to achieve so much in her future, and apply it in her life. 


How lucky we are to have music in the home, and all around us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment