REPLY

Monday, January 14, 2013

Don't worry, be happy.

There are days when I wake up and things aren't not going as planned, or the day isn't agreeing with me. Days when our children are hurting both physically, and emotionally. It pains me to see that I can't take away their physical pain, but with loving words the emotional hurt can go away. I look at all of our kids with awe wondering how they are surviving, and tolerating everything that they do. Church, school, activities, recitals, drama productions, friendship, breathing, and living.

I was talking to my husband the other night how back in my high school days I didn't pack my schedule with extra curricular activities. At all! The only thing I remember being involved in elementary school was U.I.L. Spelling, Picture memory, and trying out for the spelling bee competition in 5th grade.


I was in pep squad, safety patrol, and in the student council in middle school. I hardly remember doing anything with those activities except helping the cheerleaders cheer the mavericks at games, and wanting to be in the picture for student council because I had a good hair day.


In high school-oh good ol' high school how I really don't care too much about those years particularly because I didn't apply myself too well, and didn't graduate with honors, or at all! The only thing that kept me active was being in the Kings Ladies Drill team my sophomore year, and because my grades slipped that year I didn't bother trying out the following year, and that's where I messed up.


High school...that is for a later date to go into depth with writing.


Both of our
older daughters have started out at a very young age being involved in so many activities, and have so much on their plate right now.

Honors classes, AP classes, jazz band, indoor band, All south Jersey Choir, piano lessons, violin lessons, Renaissance club, Teen pep, early morning seminary, church activities, temple trips, plays, chorale, making time for chores, and trying to squeeze in some time to have fun with their friends which is very rare. 


As much as I tell my girls to relax, slow down, and take a breath they think they are invincible. They want to
be a change for the greater good, and for the most part they do succeed.

I believe that's good and all, but if I had their schedule back in my day I don't know how well I would have handled it...if at all! Luckily my girls are great multi-taskers, and have alligator skin. I don't know how they handle it, but I know it's gotta be tough.


I know that deep down inside the exhaustion can be so overwhelming that it can cause stress. Stress that is not good, and can make your body do weird things. I know the feelings of stress, and what pain it can cause. Not fun, and it hurts...literally!


I believe our girls know now to take a breath, meditate, and relax. They have seen how stress reacts to their body, and I tell them time and time again not to worry, because in the end it'll all work out. 

Having a foundation of God in the home does do miracles, and helps life become easier. I know that because I've experienced it. Not as a youth, but as a parent. I didn't have any type of foundation of God growing up, and things throughout a part of my youth were blah.

Luckily our kids have us as parents, a firm foundation of who the Lord is, and how He plays an important role in our life. They know that with blessings of faith, and prayer they can conquer anything. I also know that if they choose their friends wisely they will never have any problems with trouble. 


The gospel of Jesus Christ is what helps them endure any kind of emotional or physical pain, and attending the temple on a regular basis gives us the strength not only as an individual, but as a family as well in coping with "worldly issues." 


I continue to pray for our children that they will always appreciate the love for The Lord as well as the scriptures, because their lives will be a lot easier when they seriously apply them every day in their lives.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment