REPLY

Friday, January 18, 2013

farewell to sister nichols.

Missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints are a huge blessing in our life, and a gift to those who are seeking happiness. I know because I was one of them. I will never forget the day I met two wonderful sisters who came to my door to deliver a video leading to the day of my baptism. I will never forget that day, and how the gospel of Jesus Christ continues to transform my life. 

We constantly have missionaries serving in our area, and it is so nice to have different sisters come to serve. It gives us the opportunity to know them, and to serve them. We may feel that it is their job to solely seek those in need, but I have learned a long time ago that as members of the church it is our role to help the missionaries serve others in sharing the gospel as well. 


It is an honor to know that I have this book in my life, and how it helps me on a day to day basis. Without the gospel I honestly don't know where I would be today, or have the family that I love now. 


Since I have lived here I have grown so close to various sister missionaries trying to do all that I can in helping them find souls to seek the plan of salvation, and bring them eternal happiness. To help, and accept them unconditionally no matter their history or background.


I love missionary work, and hope that as each new sister comes into our ward that we will continue to know them, help them in making their investigators feel welcomed, and fellowship those that they bring to church.  


I love each sister missionary and hope that we will continue to keep in touch. There is a 100% chance we will because I still continue to keep in touch with the sisters that not only taught me the gospel, but that witnessed my sealing in the Salt Lake temple. 


There are other sisters such as this one, and this one whom I will never forget. Then there is the lovely Sister Nichols who just spent the last several weeks serving in our area. She served with her whole heart, and last night we bid her farewell.


Many of us gathered at the church to visit, eat yummy treats, and say our goodbyes...for now. It was a lovely evening, and getting acquainted with her parents was so much fun. Knowing that her dad was from Texas was fun to talk to, and her mother was the most pleasant woman to visit with...not to mention beautiful! Wish I would have taken a picture with them! 


We all fell in love with Sister Nichols, and I think she favored Noah the most which is okay because we all do in this family.
She says he is on reserve for her future daughter! 

Who knows...who knows!  


She will certainly be missed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment