REPLY

Saturday, January 5, 2013

anticipation.

When I received the email about Alexandra getting into the All South Jersey Orchestra a couple of weeks ago I didn't know what to expect. What I have felt for the past two days driving to Rowan University to drop off Alexandra for rehearsal has been euphoric.

Having my two younger kids tag along, and seeing them take an interest as to why Alexandra is going to a university to rehearse for eight hours was a good feeling.

When I walked behind the stage to take a peek at her yesterday I literally cried because they sounded so wonderful! I was thinking to myself, "Is this the orchestra she's playing with?" "Is she really going to be a part of this?" I was bawling! I love music, and when it involves any of our daughters I love it even more!

Chelsea & Noah are so proud of their sisters, and Chelsea mentioned that she hopes to be in an orchestra playing the cello, or singing with a choir someday. I said to her if you work hard enough, and practice every day for at least an hour or more you can make it into anything. Observing her two older sisters going to rehearsal for the orchestra, and choir is a motivator for her.

Tomorrow is Alexandra's performance, and I can hardly wait. She has improved so much within the past year playing her heart out on that violin, and she truly deserves to be a part of this!

Tickets are purchased, and I am ready to relax to hear our daughter play beautiful music with an outstanding orchestra tomorrow after church.

It's going to be a great first Sunday of 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment