REPLY

Thursday, January 31, 2013

potty training advice anyone?

Noah is three years old, my first boy, and to tell you the truth I haven't been in the mood to fight with him on teaching him to use the potty. Sometimes I wonder if there is a reason why I had three girls first. To teach me patience for when it was time to have and potty train Noah.

God knows what he was doing and I'm glad that I had the girls first! No stress was involved, and they were so easy to potty train. They also learned at a very young age!


You would think that Noah would be so interested since there is like five of us that he knows sit on a toilet to use the bathroom, but to no avail.


He has begun to say "I need to go potty", but when he says that it means that he already went in his diaper, and that he needs to be changed.


Maybe I'm being lazy, but I truly need some words of wisdom here. Especially for you mothers who have boys.


I did buy him the cutest Osh Kosh underwear for Christmas, and even though they have trains and cars on them, he would rather hold them in his hand guard them with his life (as if the trains and cars were real) than wear them. 


Maybe I need to be a little more firm, but I don't want to be mean like that. 


I really don't want to push the issue. 


I'm glad that Noah is a petite boy, and that he isn't wearing ginormous diapers! I'm getting to the point where I am getting tired of changing him though.


Hopefully by the time spring arrives, and the weather being warmer he can run around butt naked. It doesn't matter to me if he has accidents. 


Luckily hardwood floors can be easily cleaned! 


Funny how I want him to be potty trained already, but I don't  want him to grow up too fast.


Any advice would be helpful! 


Thanks.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment