REPLY

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Terror Behind the Walls.

I wasn't going to blog about this, but since it was my first time going to a haunted house in a hundred years I figured it would somewhat be blog worthy...and i hope you find it to be too. 

Sierra has been wanting to go to a haunted house for years. I blame it on her peers, and since she may not be here next fall we decided to take advantage and check out the Terror Behind the Walls.

This nighttime haunted house is set up inside the Eastern State Penitentiary which is a very old prison. It's a pretty awesome building, and I was pretty impressed with all the special effects, lighting, & makeup they did on the staff, but in all honesty I wasn't that scared. I think it's because I grew up watching horror movies. 

Watching the Exorcist, and the Grim Reaper when you're 11 years was no picnic, and it was not by choice. I was petrified of those movies (thanks mom.) I'm grateful that I have no desire to watch horror movies or anything else that deals with possession, or excessive images of bloodiness! I still like scary movies, but not that scary! Not good for my soul! No bueno!

We lucked out with the lines, and didn't have to wait for too long. Also...if you purchase your tickets online and go on a weekday it's a lot cheaper! 

I didn't get to take a lot of photos, because we weren't allowed past a certain point, but I did manage to capture just a few as we were standing in line waiting to go inside. 
They make you sign a waiver in case you have a heart attack or something so they won't be liable, and also give you the option of wearing a glowing necklace which indicates that you agree to be touched by the staff. Sierra talked me into it, and we chose to wear the glowing necklaces. They mostly picked on Sierra, and I had a blast watching her get taken away screaming & everything! Especially in this video when she was standing in line! We hadn't even gone inside yet! 

Overall it was a fun experience, but I don't think I'd go again. Maybe I'm getting old, and I'm just not that fun when it comes to being scared. 

They do have tours to see this 100 year old prison, and Jon and I plan on going...during the day. 

And that's the official end of anything that pertains to Halloween, or scary for this season. 

Now...it's seriously time to prepare for the Thanksgiving holiday! 

Happy November!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment