REPLY

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

a colorful autumn november day.

With Noah turning four soon I'm beginning to see the signs of independency....and it's inevitable. I want him to know that I still need his hugs and kisses, and cuddles while watching cartoons for an hour (or two) on the couch. There's no excuse for him to ever sever the ties of a very compassionate mother until he's a married man (or ever!) 

We're in the here & now and instant gratification with this boy is my happiness during the day when I have him all to myself.

Except for this week. 

The girls (excluding Sierra) have the rest of the week off of school due to teacher in service, and next week they only go to school for two days, and then have half days for the rest of the week due to parent/teachers conferences. Lucky them. 

November...

It is the shortest month for school days. Now I know why it is Lexie's favorite time out of the entire school year. She's never mentioned it before until now. i was like... is this you talking Lexie?" The one who loves school, and is a big time voracious reader! It's okay that she says that as long as she keeps bringing home them A's. Just kidding. She's a great kid who loves school, but sometimes they need that break you know. I know I did while I was in school! 

I'm kind of glad that they have the rest of the week off so that they can help me prepare for Noah turning the big four on Saturday! He's so cute, and is constantly saying, "I'm going to be four this Saturday." Of course he says that because we keep telling him that. Since it's his "birthday week" we've been asking him what he'd like to do. 

We decided to go to the library & rented Reel Steel with Hugh Jackman, and it was a really cool robot movie. Y'all got to watch it. The little kid who plays his son in the movie is soooooooo cute. Reminds me of what Noah might look like in a few years!! I hope he has his dance moves too! 

The weather was too perfect to spend it indoors, and as soon as the movie was over Noah wanted to go to the park. We headed out to the same park where we took these gorgeous photos of Noah. This park is absolutely breathtaking around this time of year because you can see the true colors of fall. 
As usual all the kids took over the swings, and Noah pretended to be the king of this castle. He's so friendly with other kids even though there are some that aren't. He is just a happy little boy in his own bubble who makes up his own kind of fun. 
^^ i'm the king of the world!"
This week is already flying by, and then before we know it Noah will be celebrating another year of living. I'm excited to celebrate, but don't want to imagine him getting older. 

There were a few moments today where he didn't want me to hold him too much, but then I grabbed him, and without forcing him, he gave me a big hug. It doesn't take much to capture a smile or get a laugh out of him by tickling him. 

My sweet boy...please stop growing.
No seriously...stop it already.
And as the colors of fall become more vibrant in color, especially in November is how I know this boy is changing & growing up with the season way too fast.  

And after his birthday, Thanksgiving will be here, and then it'll be winter. 



No comments:

Post a Comment