REPLY

Monday, November 18, 2013

Snippets from the weekend & a little bit of now.

I hope everyone had a great weekend, and that this week is off to a thankful start. 

Nothing all that interesting happened on the home front just catching up on some scrapbooking (yes I still do that on occasion) & a lot of rest because I refuse to get sick. 

Jersey weather this weekend was too good to be true but man was it surreal. I mean 70 degree weather in November! In Jersey? No wonder I started feeling a little under the weather, because weather like this where it's cold for one week & warm for two days can really mess up your immune system & make one sick! (Y'all Texans know what I'm talking about) Well...whatever I had it passed & I'm feeling so much better. 

Nonetheless we've been enjoying what seems to be the end of autumn. And the end of a Stake Presidency in our church that we've had for five years while living in New Jersey. 

It has been so nice to have had such an awesome stake presidency, but eventually...all things must come to an end. Life goes on & change is always good. No matter how much some of us may not like "different" change is good. 

Soon we will have a new stake presidency, winter, & more memories to make. 

And...

Not only am I in a bit of denial that Noah is four, but autumn this year has been so different. 

In a really good way. 

It continues to last just a little bit longer. Long enough for us to have enjoyed bits of autumn in various states. 

The wind is blowing pretty fierce right now that my wind chimes are going berserk. Having just closed my windows because the chilled air is creeping in is a sign that colder temps will soon be permanent...and I don't mind. 

I'm actually looking forward to going sledding with the kids, build a snowman, ice skating, having snowball fights & randomly playing in the snow. It's sooooo fun to do that when they're little. Makes me happy that I have the desire to do the things that I've always wanted to do as a young girl with my kids. 

Waking up to a little bit of snow last week has me itching for winter. Seeing the excitement on Chelsea's face as she walked out the door that morning made me happy to know that she looks forward to it! Plus...she's a hat girl & loves to wear her beanies! I sure hope we get some snow this year. 

Winter in Jersey would just be weird without it! 
So, for those of you who love the snow...pray for it! Even if you don't...still pray! 

Have a wonderful week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment