REPLY

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Why i feel marrying within the same religion is so much easier.

One of the best parts of being a wife and parent is having a companion who shares the same beliefs as you, loves everything about you, doesn't disrespect, belittle, or controls you in any way. Punishes your children in any way except when strictness is necessary. Someone who equals you out in the best way possible. When your weak he's strong and vice versa. Someone who knows how to turn down the volume when the "mean mom" comes out. Someone with a heart so big, and forgiving that he's willing to do anything for you, or anyone without hesitation. 
Someone who listens. 

Someone who knew you way before your life was changed, and accepted everything about you even after you told him all about your dark secrets. Someone who has faith to entrust you in having his children no matter how rough your childhood was. Someone who's like a little kid himself who will drop everything to spend time with his own. Someone so spiritually strong who has the patience like Jobe to explain a certain verse, or chapter in the scriptures to the younger children that usually goes on for an extra 20 minutes! 
Someone who knows, and has a relationship with God. Someone who grew up with values you wish you had. And even though they made mistakes at some point...they know what repentance is & that it's there. Not to do it again, but that it's there to help rebuild your life. 

Someone who has the best attitude especially when times get rough. Who has so much faith & believes that good things happen not just to good people, but to everybody. Someone who is just simply the best in all that he does. 

Someone who picks the perfect family home evening lesson that is needed for your family (especially for that week!) Someone with a faith so strong that no matter what lows come your way he always manages to bring them up to an all time high. 
That someone is my eternal companion whom I've shared my life with for nearly 20 years, & he is the ultimate hero in our life. 

*****

Which brings to pass the purpose of this post, and reasons why I would like all my daughters to marry someone with their fathers attributes. Not everyone will be exactly like their father because there's only one of him. But they can find somebody who shares the same values, standards, and beliefs, as he does.

Some of you may think I'm being close minded & judgmental because I only want them to marry within the church, but if you were in my shoes having converted your life to Christ & a religion where they teach true principles...you'd want them to have those same exact values & marry someone within the same faith. 

I have heard stories on how hard it can be to be married to someone with a different religious background or nooooo religious background. And although their love is real, there may be times where deep down life can be such a stressor for them. The "active mormon" verses the "non-member spouse." Sure we may feel that we can be the "key" & example to help them convert, but think about it.....

Do you really want to wait five, 10, 20, 30, or 50 years for them to convert to christianity? And what if they never join the church in your lifetime...who's to say that they'll even accept Christ & the gospel in the hereafter. 

This is exactly why my passion in having my daughters marry within their faith which is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is so strong, and to meet someone who will understand why they believe in what they believe. If I don't feel connected with a boy that my daughters are dating it's not because I dislike them. It's because I just don't agree. Call me old fashioned, but in my eyes that doesn't make me a hypocrite, or a sinner. It makes me a strong, loving, & caring mother whose job in this life is to protect & look out for my girls...& eventually my son. 

Boy is he going to be a hard one to let go! 
Thankfully I have learned over, and over again that all children need to govern themselves. And I'm especially grateful that my firstborn has "seen the light" in knowing that getting serious with a nonmember can have some serious consequences. Their beliefs won't be yours, and yours won't be theirs. You can either go their way in jeopardizing everything you were taught to learn for yourself, or stand firm in what you believe in to have that special someone take you all the way to the eternities. 

Marriage requires a hell of a lot of work to begin with & when you two don't see eye to eye due to different beliefs that will cause problems which again will add more problems, and stress to your life.

I can never imagine how it is to be married to a nonmember, but I'll tell you this. I know how it feels to date someone who didn't understand why I no longer wanted to drink, smoke, or have sex. Clean fun was, and will always be my goal, and I want that goal for all of our children. I'm not perfect, never was, and never will be. I know what temptation feels like even after joining the church, but I thank God that there is repentance, and the chance to do it right. 

If my kids do end up marrying outside of their religion I want them to know that I will love them, and their spouse unconditionally. I will accept them because they are all children of a loving Heavenly Father. 

And if you happen to be married with someone who is not of your faith, and things are just  a-okay with them then that's awesome! Everyone is different. 

I count my blessings for the choice I made in marrying someone in my faith. We may have our ups, and downs but because we share the same beliefs it's easier for us to talk openly about our faith, and any problems we may have pertaining to "life." Communication is key to a great relationship, and because of that we always manage to lift each other up, and find a common ground to stand firm in our faith.
And I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment