REPLY

Friday, February 28, 2014

my life lately without the "social media guard"

Okay. So I saw this coke commercial the other day & I  personally think that anyone who doesn't have a smartphone clearly doesn't understand what it feels like to really have a smartphone, and if they do well then they really don't know how to put it to use like I do. I love my family, and the fact that I am a stay at home to one child at the moment (who is my only son) I really put that smartphone to use. Especially when it comes to capturing the moments. Notice that I wrote capturing moments instead of taking pictures. There's a reason why I "capture the moments" of the places we've been, the food we eat (or make), places we eat, the things we do with our kids, sleeping, and the way they eat a particular kind of food. It's called memories, and they are ours.

I mean...just look at my overused Instagram account

I personally think that the commercial is somewhat over exaggerated...at least for me. Sure I think there are a lot of us out there particularly the "younger" crowd who are addicted in constantly taking photos of every little thing, but I'm not on my phone the entire time we are out on a date, family outing, or enjoying the comforts in my own home. Besides...I don't have any pets to take pictures of getting out of the box! LOL!

I have will power, & know when enough is enough. I have balance & there are times when I don't even "capture the moments." I'm too busy having fun living in the moment that I don't need a "social media guard" thingy around my neck to get off the phone and notice my surroundings including the people I'm with! 

While I got a good laugh over this video & the fact I am a coke drinker (it has to be the Mexican kind) made it better, and it's all good. And to prove to you that having a smartphone at that moment is an advantage so that you can post it right away for your loved ones to see, I've posted a few of those memories here. I am grateful for that instant gratification when it comes to technology in capturing these moments, and I'm not ashamed to say that I LOVE to take pictures...I mean capture the moments! 

After all...all of this is being written, and photographed for my posterity!

And now the iPhone photos...



No comments:

Post a Comment