REPLY

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

no winter woes...just happy snow.


I have to admit after the warm weekend we just had the spring bug really got to me. I  literally began cleaning up the house & got a headstart on some spring cleaning & were not even in March yet. I got the girls to do their part in helping out. I even began to take out some of my spring clothes & folded all of my winter scarves up & tucked them away neatly in my hope chest. 
I did all of this knowing we were expecting more snow this week, but I didn't want to believe it. I was in complete denial. Jersey weather is beginning to feel a lot like Texas weather right about now. It freezes for three days straight & then it warms up. At least our winters last longer! And it looks like we're definitely going to be having consistent 30 degree weather for the next few days!  I realized that no matter how much I long for spring I WANT to enjoy the snow. Because when you have kids it's more fun...at least for me!

Especially when you have a cute little boy who for once didn't make any frowning faces when you tell him to  to bundle up because we're going to go outside & explore. Noah didn't fuss, & I was in shock! What did I do different today that I should have done on this day when he absolutely didn't want to have nothing to do with the snow! Maybe it's because I gave him gummy savers before we went outside. He was smiling & happy to be in my arms (or in this case being thrown up in the air.)

It's times like this where I feel the most joy. Seriously I do. I love all my kids & when they're happy I'm happy. I've also learned that when I'm happy, they're happy too. 

Seeing the look on Noah's face knowing that next winter he's going to look much older motivated me to just get myself outside, live, & have the hubs capture this moment. Jon is such a good sport in taking pictures of us. He's my personal photographer & we have a lot of fun taking pics of ourselves with our children. 

Life is too short too waste these days indoors especially when you have one little boy. I'm a stay at home mom for a reason & giving my full attention to him right now is all that matters. 

The sun shined so bright all afternoon & it was beautiful. As long as the sun is shining I'm in pretty good spirits throughout the winter time, and today was one of those days where I was in a good mood! 

1 comment:

  1. eastcoastmama4@gmail.com

    sorry! so bad at checking the comments on my blog! mostly because no one really comments!

    ReplyDelete