REPLY

Monday, August 19, 2013

We'll be okay.

Heavenly Father puts us on a path we thought we'd never be in. Leading somewhat of a nomadic life for the past 18 and a half years those paths we have crossed have been life changing, and life learning. There will never be a perfect path, but as a family we have always managed to make the best of every place we have lived in. 

The best. 

One thing I have learned throughout the years is no matter how hard we try our lives will never be perfect. They can be good, but never perfect.

After nine and a half years of working for AT&T my husband lost his job. The day he was let go we didn't sob or fight, panic or curse. Instead we talked about what the next step is going to be in the new chapter regarding our future.

Jon had a love for the company and all that it stood for, but lately the company has made a lot of changes within the sales department and I can tell that Jon wasn't as gung ho as he used to be. 

Nonetheless he persevered, and continued to work because he is hardworking, and believes in providing for his family. Most of all I believe he stayed because he loves people. He loves the clients that he had, and the people that he worked with.

Long before this all went down I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach that he was going to come home from work early one day, or text me letting me know that he heard those four dreadful words...we're letting you go. 

I was prepared. I was ready. With four kids to raise, and my oldest going off to college soon life must go on. No matter what life throws at us we know that we have our health, great kids, wonderful friends near and far, and family who is there to lend a helping hand.

Living in New Jersey for the past five years we have endured challenges, adjustments, trials both great and small, and heartaches. There's been sadness, loss of loved ones, tears of joy, and drama. The kind of drama you wish you never want to be a part of which is inevitable sometimes, but learn to suck it up, love and forgive. 

Love...and...Forgive.

For some of us all these experiences can take a toll on a family, and a trying process for some to inhale, hence giving up on God, and life itself. 

I call them blessings in disguise. The kind that we tolerate as a family because we know that The Lord will never leave our side. We rely on the faith that we carry, and our testimonies of the Savior. The love of our children, but most of all I rely on the love that I carry in my heart knowing that as long as I have faith we will be okay. 

There have been times where we've even felt alone. Luckily we have our church family to rely on at times, and a few friends to uplift us with treats from our lovely neighbors Janet, & Tanika, and homegrown vegetables from Linda and Jay. 

We can dream of our lives being perfect by striving to perfection. But you know what...I don't want to become weary by striving for perfection. I just want to live the life that we are building as a family with peace, and be a good example to others. The kind that I have been doing for the past 18 and a half years. I want to live happily, and with the "good" kind of worrying, not the "poor me" kind.  

I don't think we'll ever achieve that "solid perfected happiness"  but as long as our hearts grow big with love, and we continue to do our very best in living a happy, and normal life with God constantly being in our lives life can be good. 

I personally love change, and was looking forward to starting anew in the New England area before school started, but time wasn't on our side. After much praying, and acting upon our answer we've decided to stay in Jersey until The Lord tells us its time to move on.

I honestly look forward to more challenges. You may be thinking, "girl you're crazy, and asking "why do you want challenges?" My answer is simply this...because for most of my life I've had many, and till this day they have only made me stronger. It defines me who I am today, and I am grateful for the life that I am living.

I know there is a reason why we are still here, and that there is something out there better for Jon. Better for us. Although he would like to start working again, he is taking advantage of the time we have together as a family. 

We are going to make these last two weeks of summer count together before Sierra leaves for college, before the rest of the kids start school, and before he begins another adventure with a new job. 

I know that we'll be okay!

And...

Hope this week treats you well.  



No comments:

Post a Comment