REPLY

Friday, June 6, 2014

A Lewis Legend with an Old Soul.

The minute this child was born I knew she was going to bring a lot of solace, obedience, strength, peace, and motivation to our family. I felt it while I was carrying her in my belly, and saw it in her eyes the second she was born. 

When she was three she began making herself peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and helped herself to the fridge for a glass of water. She was the glue at that time that saved our marriage, the motivator to want to get to the temple to be sealed to my family, and till this day holds a firm position in the home as the peacemaker. For five straight years she had Sierra all to herself, and at times I literally felt as if I had twins. I can see why Sierra considers her 'her best friend.' She matured faster than lightening, and caught up to Sierra in everything that she did. She, and Sierra were always compassionate, and thoughtful in letting me have time to myself while they played "house", tea party, or "library". I never heard any bickering from them. Although I did spend a lot of quality time with them, there were some instances in which they solely entertained themselves without any shenanigans or caused me any stress (they saved that for their teenage years...haha!). She began reading large chapter books at the age of seven, and is a very good listener. She is benevolent, understands people, does not judge others, is trustworthy, and is always willing to help someone in need. She's smart, and is beautiful inside and out. She is an extremely rare individual, and one of the most mature 14 year olds I know...most mature than some of the 18+ year olds I know. 


She is what I call an "old soul."


This past week she was recently nominated not by a teacher, but by the principal of her school as his Lewis Legend. Apparently she was to be nominated by another teacher who shall remain nameless, but Principal Otten said "no, she's my Lewis legend." I was amazed and in awe when he picked her. I wasn't too surprised, but I know why he picked her, and I'm so glad that he did. He obviously saw all the qualities, and things that I see in her as a mother. He couldn't have described her anymore better than I would have, and everything he said about her is right on cue.


"Alex Jorgensen is an obvious choice for a Lewis Legend because she embodies what it means to b a Lewis Indian. She is kind and always ready to assist someone in need. Her participation in the St. Baldrick's Foundation event put everyone on notice of how caring and compassionate she is. Alex is also an outstanding academic student as her grades have been in the 90's all year. She was even honored by the local American Legion Post for her award-winning essay writing. 
It is my pleasure to nominate Alexandra Jorgensen as my 2014 Lewis Legend."
~Mr. Ted Otten, Principal of Lewis Middle School



I am so blessed to have this girl in my life, and just like her sister anyone who knows her is blessed to have her as a friend, and student. I look forward to many more accomplishments of what Lexie can do as she enters high school this fall, and this is just the beginning of what is to come.

**Some of her major accomplishments can be read herehere, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment