REPLY

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

June and Watermelon.


While most of our friends from out west and down south are done with school and have started their summer break we folks on the east coast still have one more week of school left!! Blame it on the polar vortex we had which caused an excessive amount of snow days which added more school days! Nonetheless we have made the best of June with starting our summer early regardless of school still being in session.  

This time of year simply begs for outdoor living, and I have been loving the warm weather we've been having lately except for the rain, and humidity. I mean really...what's up June? You're supposed to be warm, and sunny without hardly any humidity. My kids and I love you and hope that you'll get back to normal before the end of your month comes!

So the past two days have been pretty humid, but we always make the best of it...even after the rain. I've obviously become softer at saying yes to my kids to a lot of things lately. For one they always want to go in the pool after school. I have never, ever done that in the past, but for some reason this year has been totally different. Maybe it's because the kids are getting older, and I'm realizing that they need to have fun, and not just be stuck behind the piano for hours, as well as a book. Although those things are a must in this family they also need a little recreational time. I also feel that because school is ending for us at a later date that these kiddos deserve some relaxation time because before we know it summer will be over. 

June has brought nothing but having our kids live in our little blue pool, and eating lots of watermelon! I swear I have bought at least three watermelons since June started. I always ate watermelon as a little kid and because school ended earlier in Texas I knew that summer is not official unless we have watermelon. I have obviously instilled that in our family when summer time comes, and these kids can eat it all day long! 

One of the best things that makes me happy when these two are outside is that not only can I have some time to myself sitting outside reading a book (which in this case I'm laying down with Noah on my back) they are also getting along and playing nicely. 

There are a few moments though where they get a little too rambunctious and I have to stop relaxing to be their referee.
June is definitely off to a great start whether rain or shine. Even though there are moments where I sometimes complain about the rain, and being overcast I know that it's only temporary, and that after the rain there will be a beautiful rainbow waiting to show herself off which to me, is a sign of renewal. A sign of sunny days to come. A sign that when we look up we will see blue skies again...
while eating more watermelon.   

No comments:

Post a Comment