REPLY

Monday, June 16, 2014

A Piano Recital & A Dance...All in One Night.

I've never had an evening packed with two special events on the same day at the same time! I hope to never repeat that again, but we survived the evening, and all went well. This is how it is to be a mother running around in different directions in an evening at the same time where one daughter is getting ready for her eighth grade semi-formal, and another for her piano recital....on the other side of town.

Lexie didn't want to miss her sisters recital and so we all rushed out of our house to make it to Chelsea's recital by 6pm. After looking at the program we saw that Chelsea was going to be one of the last kids to play her piece. By the time she's done Lexie will have missed half of her dance, and being that it's her last year in middle school we didn't want her to miss out. We hustled out of there as fast as I could to drop Lexie off at her dance in hopes to make it back to hear Chelsea to play, but to no avail. I missed it. I wasn't as sad as I thought as I was going to be. Probably because I was too busy running around, and hearing my stomach grumble. (I was starving!) I've been hearing her play the same piece over and over again in the house so that too could be another reason why I wasn't so distraught. Jon told me that she did phenomenal, but because I had the phone that records he didn't get a chance to record her playing. That's okay. She's nine, and there will be more recitals. Hopefully not at the same time as another activity!! 

I realized this evening that I hated the way things were planned. I'm hoping that next years recital won't fall in June where there are weddings, dances, and hello...Father's Day all in one weekend! Anyway...I digress and so here are a few photos of Lexie with a few of her buddies at the dance...
Crazy girls...still sporting their short hairdo's, and loving it more each day. Don't blame them...it's too hot to have long hair right now!
and just a few from Chelsea's recital (sorry mamas!) 
It's funny how I look at these photos seeing how life seems calm in the eyes of our children knowing that one day they are going to be going through "life" and challenges, and schedules with their future posterity! Balance is key kiddos, and try not to pile up your schedule like this mama did this past Friday night!! No bueno! Enter hashtag... #tooblessedtoobestressed 

Love you all!

**Past recitals you can see here, here, & here.

No comments:

Post a Comment