REPLY

Monday, June 9, 2014

Scooting On The Bike Trail.

I have been itching to go on walks on the bike trail since the warm weather began, and with warm days ahead there will be plenty of strolls taking place. I'm not one to stay indoors during nice weather especially during the summertime, and sometimes we need a break from the monotony that goes on around our house on a daily basis. We love going on walks, and bike rides on the bike trail. As I was getting the stroller out of the van Noah said to me, "I'm a big boy, and strollers are for babies." I was like...what?? Although it saddens me that he's no longer a stroller kind of kid it's bittersweet to see that he's indeed growing up to be a smart, and active boy. So...instead of Noah constantly playing with his legos, trucks, trains, and army men where he's sitting around making "pow pow" noises with his mouth we decided to get him something that I never thought I'd buy...a scooter.

I have never been too fond of scooters (I'm more of a bike girl), but this movie is the culprit in my final decision on getting him one. It is one of my favorite movies, and for some reason I picture Noah at 11 years old being like the character Gabe. 

At first he didn't seem interested in riding it, but now he wants to go out and ride in it every single day...even when it rains! I have to tell him to wait for the roads to dry, and make sure we don't get caught in it if we go. He's become a pro at riding it, and let me tell you...he's a quick learner! It did take him a while to realize that you brake with the gadget that's in the back of the scooter, and not your foot! He has become very responsible when riding it, and even stops a few feet before the stop sign to make sure there are no cars coming. 

I know what you're probably thinking. Uh...where's his helmet? The bike trail is a few miles long, and after a while it got too hot for him to wear it. We were at a point where the traffic at this particular spot was not busy. I am teaching him to wear it at all times especially where there's a lot of traffic. I'm  really a responsible mom, but this kid is hot blooded, and is literally my heater in the winter time, and immediately starts sweating when it's hot. I felt sorry for my little dude, and so I said it was okay to take it off for while. Other than that he's been pretty good at keeping it on. 
There's a spot on the trail where we pass that smelled like gardenia! Oh...I love that smell. We took a little break, and stopped to smell the flowers, and they smelled so good. 
I am loving this warm weather, and it's days like this where I definitely see the beauty all around. I count my blessings each day to have a darling little boy who helps me see the beauty that can sometimes be hidden behind a dark cloud on a beautiful sunny day. And when I see his ear to ear smiles with that big glow on his face tells me that this mom thing that I continue to do in my middle age years is pretty darn good...and that I'm doing a pretty good job at it!
Happy Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment