REPLY

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Seaglass Carousel At The Battery.

One of my friends asked me the other day that I might as well move to New York since my family and I frequent there often. Although I love the city and can imagine myself living there with a family the desire to live there just isn't in me. I love that we live smack in the middle of Jersey where we have the city close enough to take advantage of the good, but we skip the inconvenience of living in it.  


Another thing she wondered is how it must cost me a fortune to go all the time. Ummm, not really. There are ways to get to the city where it doesn't cost you too much in tolls, and parking because let's be honest. Parking in the city is ridiculous! If there are ways to get to the city where it doesn't cost much you better believe I'm going to find out, and I did! I found out an affordable way to get there other than take the train in which can cost just as much as driving into the city especially when you are paying for a family of five. 

We drive to Staten Island which is an hour away from where we live, pay for one toll which is six bucks, park at the terminal which only costs us 8 bucks all day, and ride the staten island ferry for free which takes us into the financial district. That's when we realized that this precious means of transportation takes us directly into one of the amenities my kids love...carousels. Not just any carousel, but a carousel that makes you feel like you're swimming in the ocean with a school of fish. 
The seaglass carousel at the Battery has become a mandatory place to go to once we dock, and the kids absolutely love it. It truly is relaxing, and the music they add to it is magical, and soothing. It's amazing how it cost 16 million to build this ride! Each ride is only five bucks, and totally worth it. This is our second favorite carousel in the city besides this one in Brooklyn. There are so many places to explore within walking distance in the financial district such as the 911 memorial, and freedom tower, and places to eat too. We love that we can come here without having to break our bank account, and explore the city without feeling the need to waste so much money. Sure we love concerts, museums, and broadway shows, but there's something about having simple New York moments which include sightseeing, and window shopping where we come home feeling accomplished and less stressed because we had a great time without feeling that we spent too much. 

Trips to the city are always priceless for us. Especially when it comes to our kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment