REPLY

Friday, September 15, 2017

Tennis Season Is Here!

Tennis season has begun and Lexie couldn't be more excited about it. She won her match the other day, and was the only one who won the match on their team. Although it was sad to see her other teammates not winning their matches Lexie was ecstatic when she won! 
Jon is a pro at tennis, and plays really well (better than me), and so this past summer he made time to wake up early so he and Lexie could practice together. I'm so happy that Jon loves this sport, and knows a lot about it because he is able to teach the kids some moves. Noah has become better at holding the racket with good form, now he just needs to get the ball over the net more!  I love that Noah is interested in playing tennis all the time. Ever since he went to the US Open on Arthur Ashe day Noah became even more enthusiastic, and motivated to play. It's easier to tell them what to do when they're little (ha ha!) because they are still trying to find out what they enjoy, and because I love tennis had him take lessons, and noticed that as got a bit older he became more interested in the sport. I'm so happy he remembers those lessons he took when he was a toddler, and that he'd like to continue. 
I recorded a little video of Noah hitting some balls that Jon was throwing at him, and he hit a few good ones. Temperatures were rising as the morning became the afternoon, and he was sweating profusely. I kept telling him, and Jon that it was time to go, and Noah kept saying, "just one more time mommy. No, three more times pleeeeease." Of course I gave in because I love seeing my kids so interested in doing something they love, and that Noah, and Lexie have a real love for the game. Chelsea likes to play too, and would really like to have private lessons. I am hoping that I can get all the kids private lessons next year so that Noah and Chelsea can get better as they grow older.  

Love that the fall weather is coming, and that Lexie has a few more games to play. Hope she wins more matches, and that she has a wonderful season with her racket! 


No comments:

Post a Comment