REPLY

Friday, September 29, 2017

Come, Listen To A Prophet's Voice.

In April 2011 Jeffrey R. Holland said, "As our conference comes to a close, I ask you to reflect in the days ahead not only on messages you have heard, but also on the unique phenomenon that general conference itself is-what we as Latter-day Saints believe such conferences to be and what we invite the world to hear and observe about them. We testify to every nation, kinder, tongue, and people that God not only lives but also that He speaks, that of our time and in our day the counsel you have heard is, under the direction of the Holy Spirit, "the will of the Lord, the word of the Lord, the voice of the Lord, and the power of God unto salvation."


We are so excited about general conference weekend, and have somewhat been preparing for it by daily scripture study, and talking about past conferences. We have gone to the temple as well, and Jon is especially thrilled for priesthood session on Saturday. He is counting the years until Noah is 12 so he can go with him too. What a blessing it is to have something so special, and true in our life that helps guide us in these latter days. Especially with all the catastrophes that have been going on in the world, and like Elder Holland said to reflect back on all that we heard in hopes that we leave a much better, stronger, and christ like person. I know that Heavenly Father talks to a living prophet today, and I know that everything President Monson, and his leaders tells us are true. Their guidance has always kept me on the right path, even when times are tough their words have kept me on the right path. Their guidance directed straight from The Lord is the truest guidance I can ever receive, and for that I am truly grateful. 

I hope that y'all can have the chance to attend conference, and if you want to know more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints you can contact the missionaries. I did just that 25 years ago, and in between the ups, and downs it is the best thing that I ever did, and it changed my life forever! 

Happy (conference) weekend everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment