REPLY

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Dia De Los Muertos At Rockefeller Center.

Last week I stopped by the Rockefeller center where they had a gorgeous display of Syrians celebrating Dia De Los Metros and this Selena display stopped me in my tracks along with many others were Mexico week was being celebrated. What an elegant display of elegantly dressed skeleton sculptures done my Mexican artists by Menchaca studio. So proud of my heritage and for this day to remember those who have passed on. I also have to add that Selena was from my neighboring town in Texas and I grew up going to her dances when I was a teenager. Along with family members who have passed on Selena will never be forgotten. She was a big part of the community of Corpus Christi where my mom now lives and what a beautiful memory she holds in our lives.
Also, if you walk through the center you'll also find a traditional ofrenda alter to remember those who passed away due to COVID-19. May we always remember our loved ones not just on the Dia De Los Muertos but all the days of our lives.











No comments:

Post a Comment